Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

What do y'all think about this as a basic home defense weapon?

Replies

• rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 12,224 AG
    Invite them in and read your collection of junk email to them.

They'll shoot themselves.

large.gif
    Proud supporter of the anti fishing, terroristic (lol what?) movement known as Greenpeace.
  • gpenninggpenning Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    Gun Tests Magazine June 2015 looked at the Weatherby PA-459 vs the CZ 612. Weatherby lighter considerably more recoil with minor flaws in handling and accuracy. CZ functioned well and put pellets and slugs in the right place and is cheaper. The CZ can be found as low as $314. Always check Buds Gun Shoppe and Whittaker's in Kentucky, both have large mail order sales.
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,725 Captain
    Isn't it faster, less risky, less messy, easier cleanup, less scary to just have the Cyanide pill(s) next to the bed?
    (Maybe a little upsetting after taking it finding out it was a racoon)
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,328 AG
    RStyle wrote: »
    Isn't it faster, less risky, less messy, easier cleanup, less scary to just have the Cyanide pill(s) next to the bed?
    (Maybe a little upsetting after taking it finding out it was a racoon)

Coons are my friens, and always knock three times, saying, "Massa? Massa? Massa?"

:rotflmao

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,905 AG
    Baits Out wrote: »
    Coons are my friens, and always knock three times, saying, "Massa? Massa? Massa?"

Racism is always a safe retreat. Please employ more of that in your defense. It's very funny.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Racism is always a safe retreat. Please employ more of that in your defense. It's very funny.

Common, Gary!

Not a defense but a quick humorous quip to what RStyle said.

And he didn't even spell raccoon correctly . . . except for the **** part!

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
    There is nothing funny about expressing racism in vulgar terms or any at all in any way on Florida Sportsman.

What did your say your name was?

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,193 Admiral
    You guys are badd ****!
  • Bottom LinesBottom Lines Posts: 1,105 Officer
    There is nothing funny about expressing racism in vulgar terms or any at all in any way on Florida Sportsman.

There's nothing funny about taking cheap shots at other members regarding harmless internet jokes they post pretty much daily either. Especially coming from a "moderator"...

OK, I take it back... That WAS funny... As was the racoon joke, but your's was probably funnier... :grin

There is nothing vulgar about the humorous comment I said in these days and times.

Want to take a poll to see what the others here have to say?

:thumbsup

• SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,806 Admiral
    There is nothing vulgar about the humorous comment I said in these days and times.

I didn't take any offense to what you said "Baits"....

...you're the funniest man on this site....:grin
    Schmidty wrote: »
    "Baits".....

A scatter gun is the way to go....hands down...the best choice that anyone could make for home defense....

. . . .

I am not a fan of a pistol grip on a shotgun as they put your face in a position that doesn't lend itself to a correct instinctive shooting position and allows the rear of the receiver to smack you in the snot box should you stuff 3 1/2" magnum shells in the weapon.....

Thank you again, Schmidty, (and the many others above who are also more knowledgeable about such things than I).

One of the things that attracts me to that gun is the built-in pistol grip.

Waaaaaaaaaay back when when I was in the Guard I did lousy on the firing range. Ditto with the use of one of the old heavy WWII .45cal pistols. At 15 feet I couldn't even hit the target board much less the bulls eye rings.

In riot control classes however I excelled with my sawed-off shot gun and blew the chit out of several sand bags.

I guess it stems back to my early youth with my pump action BB gun and a later .22 rifle.

Always fired from the hip and could easily chase a small stone across the sidewalk, or pick-off a small lizard on one of the bushes several yards away with the BB gun. The 22 was just target practice popping hyacinth bulbs floating down the river. Never used the sights in either and would eagerly challenge and beat anyone who did.

Cheers!

Now that's funny
    Proud supporter of the anti fishing, terroristic (lol what?) movement known as Greenpeace.

rock_fish wrote: »
    Now that's funny

Hey "Fish"....

It was meant to be funny......and a bit over your pay grade.....:grin
  • PhishbohnPhishbohn Posts: 2,982 Captain
    b65a1104e1aef3c8eb0d5e6f18b2955b.jpg

e4545eddd8218424455a04985982f752.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson.
    Hey "Fish"....

It was meant to be funny......and a bit over your pay grade.....:grin

Is there one?
    Phishbohn wrote: »
    b65a1104e1aef3c8eb0d5e6f18b2955b.jpg

e4545eddd8218424455a04985982f752.jpg

Though a snazzy looking rig.....

It's a bit anemic in the "stop a moving fleshy freight train" department...

The slug from a .410 shotgun has the same stopping power as a .380 Kurtz...
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral

What did you say your name was?

Jesus knows.

It's not funny.

I don't have to take a poll to recognize overt racism. Exactly who or what race were you referring to by the term "****" ?

Too many wine spritzers disinhibiting your otherwise usual inaneness this evening?:grin

• TarponatorTarponator Posts: 19,944 AG

*Bawk!*

Polly wanna cracker?
    Tell us your name. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Or do you feel more comfortable wearing your white hood?

You can even put a bible in front of your face, I'm flexible.

*Bawk!*

*Bawk!*
    Tell us your name.

*Bawk!* *Bawk!*
    Cowardice.:grin

tumblr_mm9n3sdycy1ry1y7qo5_500.gif

• PhishbohnPhishbohn Posts: 2,982 Captain
    Though a snazzy looking rig.....

It's a bit anemic in the "stop a moving fleshy freight train" department...

The slug from a .410 shotgun has the same stopping power as a .380 Kurtz...

You could always put 5 of these on em

093614d1f475f3aaea4292eab7ae5c61.jpg

I saw someone get shot with a .380, twice. He was still standing when I left the area. But he didn't hit the other guy with the lead pipe. He just looked perplexed, like. "Did you just shoot me?"

That Rossi will also take a colt 45 (see picture).

Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson.
    Polly.

Stop trying so hard: You've already earned your award today, LOL...

"To a nail, everything is a hammer..."
    Phishbohn wrote: »
    You could always put 5 of these on em

093614d1f475f3aaea4292eab7ae5c61.jpg

I saw someone get shot with a .380, twice. He was still standing when I left the area. But he didn't hit the other guy with the lead pipe. He just looked perplexed, like. "Did you just shoot me?"

That Rossi will also take a colt 45 (see picture).

Unfortunately....

It was my displeasure to have to shoot someone with a .380 out of my PPK/s...

The good news is that he was hit with one of my hand loads...a Hornady 90 gr HP jacked up to the point where the primers flatten......

Hit right in his shoulder socket it completely destroyed the joint and blasted it out the exit wound.... 3 foot shot...

I am sure that arm has never been right since then...

The ".45" rounds that you showed pictures of will not fit in a .45 LC revolver....just the ones that will take a .410 shotgun shell...they are just too long...

They are rather awe inspiring though...