Almost got all my line striped off, fishing Spanish House, Sebastian

I took the board out for some fishing off the beach near Spanish House. Fishing 200 yards off the beach I hook up and the fish gives my Penn 2000 Battle II a workout.

Replies

• cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    looks like fun, nice job.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • JanosJanos Posts: 219 Officer
    That is a very nice set up you got there Pete.
    2015 Hobie Outback.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,793 Captain
    Suspenseful music, a bit of a let down to see a bonito, nice video. When is Marcus going to start selling those lures ? Last I checked the website was still under construction.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,330 Moderator
    awesome weather. surprising to see a Bonnie that close to shore. How deep do you think you were?
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Bonita frequent the surf at Bathtub beach, I've casted at them from the shore before....weird stuff.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    I was not sure what I had, I did catch some black sea bass of the reef for dinner. I hope the site will be up soon, this or next week. I have done well fishing with their shrimp. I will let you know.
    Suspenseful music, a bit of a let down to see a bonito, nice video. When is Marcus going to start selling those lures ? Last I checked the website was still under construction.
    I was in 15 feet of water.]
    jcanracer wrote: »
    awesome weather. surprising to see a Bonnie that close to shore. How deep do you think you were?
    Thanks.
    Janos wrote: »
    That is a very nice set up you got there Pete.
  • davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Your killing me Pete!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • harrisa2006harrisa2006 Posts: 64 Deckhand
    nice drag screaming though!
  • salty dawgsalty dawg Posts: 110 Officer
    We've been getting them in 4 ft water on Juno pier this summer- I'm with you on that one- lots of fun. That sunrise launch looked awesome!!
    It is a great place to put in when the seas are small.
    salty dawg wrote: »
    We've been getting them in 4 ft water on Juno pier this summer- I'm with you on that one- lots of fun. That sunrise launch looked awesome!!
  • salty dawgsalty dawg Posts: 110 Officer
    No paddle yak for the pier, just hit it after work when up in that north end of the county. Forgot to thank you for your input when we went up to stay Hiram's for my B-day.
    Did not get to fish those spoils, but paddled the tandem rental and walked around a couple with the Mrs Dawg. Water felt a bit cool, but saw plenty of bait and birds- just didn't rise for the sunrise solo fishing paddle I geared up for, def got potential, even with the boat-tourist traffic in the area. We had a good mini staycation!
  • JanosJanos Posts: 219 Officer
    Love to watch your reports.
    2015 Hobie Outback.
  • Hobie AnglerHobie Angler Posts: 331 Deckhand
    Great stuff.... Keep them coming Pete!

Thank you for sharing.
    Thanks, I will have another up this week.
  • mapachemapache Posts: 262 Officer
    We used to catch little tunny from the surf in NJ from August through October. I'd use a fly rod or ultralight spinner with 6lb braid for the kind of action Pete gets here - had to learn to cook them since they would be stone cold dead from exhaustion.

I heard that some albies would even hang around until Thanksgiving in the outflow of a nuclear plant in Connecticut.