Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

SLI Fishing 28-29 Jul

Okay, well I'll include a link to a new video below, but just to get right to the point, it seemed a little slow the past couple days. Not a single Mahi, not one cobia......that said, I did catch a small keeper King and as you'll see in the entire second half of the video, one Sail. The guy catching the Sail, it's his first. That's right he got pushed in the drink after the catch....and that too is nicely documented on the video.

But to the fishing....bait was greenies and they were thick just south of the inlet. Headed out to the Hill and fished that, no luck. Fished every other **** place I could even think of, no luck (okay, a bonita or two). Finally went just north of the inlet in 100 feet and scored the Sail today. But that was it. I didn't even see a lot of sharks or porpoises. And I was cutting up bonitas and trying to bring them up (sharks).

On a *now* funny note, as I was headed out today I dropped off a large wake wave from a big sporty and the guy I was with was drinking his coffee and basically wasn't awake yet and he ended up taking a skid across the top of the water at around 28 knots. First time I've ever had anyone fall out of my boat. I turned around quickly to make sure he wasn't going to get run over by another boat, and he wasn't.....but, kind of a big learning thing for me today. Glad I can laugh now.

Here's the vid, enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkoHRhDhJ3E

v/r
Rod

Replies

• LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Very good video and catch, how did you get the shots of the SAIL? Looking forward to more!
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • RodHRodH Posts: 186 Deckhand
    I use a gopro on a selfie stick. I extend the stick when we get the fish close to the boat and put the gopro under the water and point towards the fish. Sometimes I end up with some amazing footage, as is the case here. I use gopro studio editing software to put it all together. I slow down the really good shots of the fish and it really enhances the video.

Thank you.
  • SpinHookSpinHook Posts: 76 Greenhorn
    Nice Video, how do you like the boat? I also have a TideWater boat.
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,110 Captain
    Great video thanks for sharing. Your buddy is pretty lucky with that shark. Those teeth are razor sharp and not to be messed with. Glad he threw it back with no incident and landed a nice Sail!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RodHRodH Posts: 186 Deckhand
    Shoeless: I saw you coming back in today around 10:45 or so....waved at you. I was in the light blue Tidewater.

Spinhook: I like it okay, it's perfect as far as economics are concerned. I wished I bought a bit bigger, but in reality, I'm probably very happy with the size. It's extremely "cheap" to operate and own.