Skip to main content
Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Don's Marine Service in Bradenton

Anybody have good/bad experience with Don's Marine Service in Bradenton?

I live in Bradenton and am looking to repower my Prowler with Suzukis. I'm considering this shop and Precision in St. Pete. I know Precision comes highly regarded and I've had very good experience with Robert on some repair/parts issues. However, it's a long haul from Bradenton for service/warranty work.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• idlerickidlerick Senior Member Posts: 247 Deckhand
    I've only been in a few times, so take this with a grain ...

They seem to have a lot of big, fancy boats sitting in their lot awaiting work, but I've never actually caught anyone working there. Maybe I've just hit them at off times, but I invariably go in there and just find one guy manning the desk/office, and no one in the shop at all.
    I use a mobile marine mechanic for a lot of small jobs, and he gets most of his parts there. But they treat him poorly, knowing he's competing with them for business, so I always end up going in the buy the parts he needs for my jobs.
    Again, just an impression based on limited contact, but I've never been impressed with Don's as a marine business. One of those places you scratch your head over, wondering how they stay open. They just seem like they're taking on more work than they're putting out.
    :)
  • benjidbenjid Member Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Thanks.... I stopped by on Friday and had the same impression.

Any other Suzuki dealers in SRQ/Bradenton area you recommend?

Even though Precision is a haul it is looking to be the best alternative. Robert is a standup guy!