Label your kayaks

jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,330 Moderator

http://www.canoekayak.com/touring-kayaks/message-from-the-coast-guard-put-a-sticker-on-it/#h3zxC3wK5mq2cice.14

A good idea for all of us.

EDIT: I think EKFT used to give these out with their tournament goodie bags. Does anyone know if they still do?
Hobie Kayak angler for life!

Replies

• cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    Good idea but not much sticks to rotomolded plastic. A zip tie and a plastic tag placed somewhere out of the way might work.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
    I think they are specifically designed to be able to stick to kayaks. I know Ocean Kayak has registration/serial numbers on the side of their boats and you are encouraged to register your boat online, not sure if the coast guard would think to check with them for our contact info.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,330 Moderator
    vinyl decals stick fine, so why not the contact info sticker?
    I have mine on the inside of my front hatch.
    I have doubts about how long the sharpie ink will stay on it though.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    Yep extreme kayak Tournament's do it every tournament. Got one on all my kayaks.
    sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,795 Captain
    Pottymouth wrote: »
    Yep extreme kayak Tournament's do it every tournament. Got one on all my kayaks.

For some reason I missed this during the last two EKF tournaments, but did get the sticker during the inspection at the sailfish tournament.
  • mjrudd1mjrudd1 Posts: 274 Deckhand
    Great idea. I use a paint markers on my plastic / rubber / silicone scuba gear. Easy to write with, lots of colors, stays on for years (even on flexible surfaces). My gear is blue & yellow, so I write with the opposite color and it looks pretty good, imho.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    For some reason I missed this during the last two EKF tournaments, but did get the sticker during the inspection at the sailfish tournament.

The USCG Auxillary unit will give them to whomever asks during kayak inspection.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback