Fishing FMB and Lovers Key in stormy wet weather

I'm in Fort Myers beach currently and loads of rain falling today and forecast for tomorrow. The water on fort Myers beach is churned up from wave movement with poor visibility.
Will this kill the snook fishing off the beaches or is it worth persisting through the stormy weather.
Only here for 1 more wk and want to get as much snook fishing in as possible. Any help on fishing through current conditions and areas worth trying would be much appreciated?

Replies

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,283 Admiral
    fish the docks or the catwalks under the bridge at night on a good outgoing tide
  • JigginJiggin Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    On Sanibel for the week and man I could feel those snook when I got of the plane. Kids are driving me crazy wanting to catch something. Beach looks awful for the next few days, so I need to develop plan B somewhere out of the surf.
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,488 Officer
    Do some google searches on:
    "Spillways / Snook / Fort Myers/Sanibel"

Or on here as well...

Spillways ARE flowing and the snook, and possibly tarpon will be feeding at them.

My first slob snook came at a spillway, and several others followed.
  • ccriderccrider Posts: 578 Officer
    Do some google searches on:
    "Spillways / Snook / Fort Myers/Sanibel"

Or on here as well...

Spillways ARE flowing and the snook, and possibly tarpon will be feeding at them.

My first slob snook came at a spillway, and several others followed.

Excellent advice, I have also caught some BIG snook fishing the spillways and creeks around Pine Island Sound and Sanibel area during the rainy season