Contender 27 Cuddy

Replies

• butchbalbutchbal Posts: 438 Deckhand
    On sale at AutoZone. $5 off a gallon.

f5e774fb7ecfd5662572b7479ff2ae48.jpg

Thanks!!
  • sugarloafersugarloafer Posts: 195 Deckhand
    walmart has the XLF syn blend everyday for $17

but I buy the super tech for $12........for the last twenty years.

2400hrs on a 40hp yami..............compression down only 10lbs since new.

its all TCW-3
    custom self built 400lb 4" draft 16' microskiff
    custom self built 34' cold molded diesel flybridge lobsterboat
  • Almost PerfectAlmost Perfect Posts: 544 Officer
    That may be true but it would involve me having to step foot in a Walmart and, quite frankly, I would rather be hit in the crotch with a sledgehammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,701 Captain
    That may be true but it would involve me having to step foot in a Walmart and, quite frankly, I would rather be hit in the crotch with a sledgehammer.

Do what I do, send my wife, or a friend :)...as I hate that place. Even the parking lot is a disaster.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,847 Moderator
    Billy wrote: »
    Do what I do, send my wife, or a friend :)...as I hate that place. Even the parking lot is a disaster.

Bill

I guess you and AP are not "The people of Walmart". :grin
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Red612Red612 Posts: 284 Deckhand
    OMC oil or for the younger generation Bombardier. Walmart has for 17$ also that's usually what I run. When I lived down south I used to keep my container which was a 2 1/2 gallon and ride up to B&F marine and get Quicksilver oil pumped from a 55 gallon drum for what you pay for Wally worlds brand a gallon. Haven`t seen that around here yet.

Anybody know of such a place?
    When I had my Opti's I would get my opti oil from Skip. He had a 55gal drum and would fill my containers. After the first season I switched to Pennzoil and really could not tell a difference. Plugs looked the same and no soot on the hubs.

When I bough this boat it was full of Yamalube but I hate the smell of that stuff. Ran the tanks down and went back to Pennzoil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,701 Captain
    capt louie wrote: »
    I guess you and AP are not "The people of Walmart". :grin

Not on your life...:). That being said I have been known to go, if I can't get someone to go for me, if I need something I can't get locally.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
    When I had my Opti's I would get my opti oil from Skip. He had a 55gal drum and would fill my containers. After the first season I switched to Pennzoil and really could not tell a difference. Plugs looked the same and no soot on the hubs.

When I bough this boat it was full of Yamalube but I hate the smell of that stuff. Ran the tanks down and went back to Pennzoil.

Who is Skip? Does he still pump it out for you? Is it any cheaper or close to the 17 a gallon?
    Skip at Gulf Coast Marine. Corner of Yulee and Mason Creek in Homosassa right across from the elementary school. No clue what the price is these days. Haven't had Mercs in over two years now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
    Skip at Gulf Coast Marine. Corner of Yulee and Mason Creek in Homosassa right across from the elementary school. No clue what the price is these days. Haven't had Mercs in over two years now.

Thanks. AP
  • sugarloafersugarloafer Posts: 195 Deckhand
    Walmart: I go in there once a year n get lots of everything............oil, bug spray, thermocell packages.

at 8AM its deserted the "Mart-ians" are still sleeping.
    custom self built 400lb 4" draft 16' microskiff
    custom self built 34' cold molded diesel flybridge lobsterboat
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 956 Officer
    Is that good oil, I've been getting mine at heaths(suwannee shores marine) he pumps it from a 55 gallon drum, my motor has a remote oil tank and they were saying how you need a good oil:shrug he charges 25 a gallon
  • BrodieBrodie Posts: 49 Deckhand

:signs
    After years of using dated 2 strokes I bit the bullet and bought a 4. Best thing I have EVER done. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.:banana
  • csanderscsanders Posts: 471 Officer
    I believe the last opti bulk oil I got from Millers was around $29 a gallon. Time to start looking for alternatives.
    Brodie wrote: »
    After years of using dated 2 strokes I bit the bullet and bought a 4. Best thing I have EVER done. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.:banana

It's hard to beat the power to weight ratio of a 2 stroke. Especially if you have a older hull like mine that was not designed for the weight of a 4 stroke. Looks like people are getting decent results with the newer 4 cylinder 200's so when the time comes that might be a option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • SouldeepSouldeep Posts: 269 Officer
    csanders wrote: »
    I believe the last opti bulk oil I got from Millers was around $29 a gallon. Time to start looking for alternatives.

Plenty of folks running Pennzoil in Opti's including 300xs's with bumped rev limiters that run WOT for hours, I run the Pennzoil XLF in my 225 with no problems.
    Pro Line 251 - 225 Optimax
    Fisher 1754 - 60 Merc

2 boats is 2 to many and at least 1 shy of enough
    You WILL be glad you did
    I've owned boats with 4S power. Quiet and no oil but they don't put a grin on your face when you hammer the throttle like a 2S does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,292 Captain

You should have been here yesterday