Dania To Lauderdale By The Seas Kayak Drift 7/21/2015

We planned a drift a few days back, and some nice fish were caught. Steve killed it out there with a Sailfish, Tuna and a Kingfish. The only fish I could manage to film was his Sailfish and my Kingfish. We were 8 guys in this group. Besides these fish, Joe also caught an AJ and a nice sized African Pompano. The drift went as expected with some nice fish landed.

The video clip link of the Steve's Sailfish and the Kingfish I caught, is underneath this description. Thanks guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jOVoU6QfQ
Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,684 Captain
    Nice report and video:thumbsup
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,298 Moderator
    meanwhile back at the office... :banghead

Anyways, good for you guys!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    nice report. I would think kayaking would be safer doing it your way with several buddies.
  • RickysreefRickysreef Posts: 394 Officer
    Very nice guys,african pompano is on my wish list one day I will be the lucky one :)
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    Thanks guys. Drifting is the way to go. Less time struggling, much more productive time fishing.
  • Billy9871Billy9871 Posts: 116 Officer
    That's a great vid. Thanks frank!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • rsobrado99rsobrado99 Posts: 76 Deckhand
    Nice fish :thumbsup

And if you don't mind me asking how many lines do you usually have out while you drift?

Thanks and tight lines :fishing
  • krhyde1066krhyde1066 Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    What size is that Penn spinning reel in the last photo? It looks huge!!
    rsobrado99 wrote: »
    Nice fish :thumbsup

And if you don't mind me asking how many lines do you usually have out while you drift?

Thanks and tight lines :fishing
    it depends on current and wind speed. Usually 2 lines. One deep and one lower.
    krhyde1066 wrote: »
    What size is that Penn spinning reel in the last photo? It looks huge!!

It's a 6500 Penn Spinfisher, photo shopped to look bigger. Nah...messing with you. It's a 10500 Penn. Works good on a deep line. I don't use conventional at all.
  • krhyde1066krhyde1066 Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info Frank. I have two Fin Nor Offshore Spinning 9500, I thought those were big!lol
  • Poseidon10/31Poseidon10/31 Posts: 936 Officer
    lol the 1050! Is that so you can fish bahamas waters from Pompano? I hope the blue marlin bites that rod!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    lol the 1050! Is that so you can fish bahamas waters from Pompano? I hope the blue marlin bites that rod!

Hey buddy. I love the line capacity in that reel man. I will usually have it way down in the water column, as I jig. Anything hits it...I got plenty of time to bring up my jig on the other rod. Later bud. Tight Lines Yo-Yo man.
  • JanosJanos Posts: 219 Officer
    Nice report Frank.I had my first drift last weekend and while I really like drifting the weather and the fish did not wanted to cooperate at all.Hope to see you on the water sooner or later.
    2015 Hobie Outback.
    Janos wrote: »
    Nice report Frank.I had my first drift last weekend and while I really like drifting the weather and the fish did not wanted to cooperate at all.Hope to see you on the water sooner or later.
    Great Janos. Lately I fish on Mondays. LMK when u r up for it.
  • Hobie AnglerHobie Angler Posts: 320 Deckhand
    Awesome fishing adventure Frank.... Pictures help to get a visual....but the video always tells the real story. Thank you for sharing!
    Awesome fishing adventure Frank.... Pictures help to get a visual....but the video always tells the real story. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks Hobie Angler. I think it makes it worth the effort on filming especially with positive feedback like yours bud. Tight Lines.