7/19 Snookspanker gets a giant

I called Pete (Snookspanker) to try for some snooks with the morning high tide. He liked the tide today too so we went out for a quick trip. He stuck a giant one within the 1st half hour. The shoulders and the girth of this 40+ incher was unreal. It was a massive battle to get her in. We had a couple other misses saw some storms coming so we got out of there.

That's why we call him the Snookspanker.:wink

Replies

• Catfish_HunterCatfish_Hunter Posts: 261 Deckhand
    fatty! nice fish guys...
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,185 AG
    Very nice fish. Very nice. :hail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • BackyardAnglerBackyardAngler Posts: 356 Deckhand
    WHOOOO BOYAH!!!!! It's a banner year for the spanker. Nice job Pete. That momma is gonna be hard to beat. How many jumps did she give ya?
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,256 Officer
    Awesome fish, Pete! Gary is a great guide. We will have to let him catch a big one soon. I thought I was doing pretty good, back from my trip and on the water again to the first time yesterday after the rain for a short trip, but your toad makes my 34 incher look like a minnow. WTG!
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    thanks guys! this big momma had some real power, i thought she was gonna break my rod on some of her screaming runs! after we got her on board my hands and arms were so dead i could hardly hold her up for a photo! i had to cradle her against my chest while gary took the shot! we got her right back into the water and took turns reviving her till she swam away in great shape! didn't get a good messurment of her cause gary's ruler was only 3' long, but we both agreed she was definitely over40" and over 20lbs.
    big thanks to biggary for inviting me out on his nice boat, yer gonna spoil me!! i only wished he also could of hooked and felt the amazing power that a snook of this size has! next time gary!! oh and eric, she didn't jump at all, she was just too big and heavy i guess but the runs she took againt a tightened down drag were heart stopping!!
    if you like catching big snook get out to crystal river or yankeetown early a.m. on a falling tide and get you one of these big girls, if you do you'll be hooked for life! may even become a "spanker"?
    oh- nice one ted! i'm sure it won't be long before you will be posting one of these bigunz here next!!
    ps- cap locks not working- sorry!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 2,021 Captain
    Man, I love that pic! No long arming there. Congrats Pete, I know you've been looking for that one for awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 936 Officer
    Fine snook there!🍻The radar looked pretty bad over that way this AM. Glad you beat the storms to that big momma snook.
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,697 Captain
    With a name like SnookSpanker I would expect none the less :wink
    WTG Pete Great Fish, Yours too Ted nothing like them early
    morning line-siders :beer
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Nicely done, I bet you were beat after a battle with that bruiser. Very nice...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Scott CrownScott Crown Posts: 661 Officer
    That's a stud.
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 965 Officer
    They can call you the Snook king. WTG
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,727 Captain
    Hey Pete...that's bigger than the one you got on our last trip out. Way to go. I assume on topwater?

Okay, now Florida Sportsman, it's time to give Pete his first appearance on the front page.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 2,021 Captain
    Billy wrote: »
    Hey Pete...that's bigger than the one you got on our last trip out. Way to go. I assume on topwater?

Okay, now Florida Sportsman, it's time to give Pete his first appearance on the front page.

Bill

I'll second that request!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,578 Captain
    Ruff One wrote: »
    I'll second that request!!!

All in favor say aye!

AYE!!!
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,256 Officer
    It's a great looking fish, but the guy holding it......:grin
    well ted you must be right along w/f.s. forum because this is the 2nd snook over 40" caught in local waters posted here w/ me in the photo w/ it that hasn't made the highlights page! along w/ them there have been at least 3 more over 35" and a few over 30". i said something jokingly to capt. louie a couple years ago and we ageed that it must be my unsightly looks because the snookiz were some very handsome ladies! it's fine w/ me though and actually kind of funny, i know i amz an ugly mang!! even billy assured me that the 35 incher i caught two weeks ago fishing w/ him & doc would surely make it on account of him taking the photo, he was wrong! so lets see if this one makes it? what are the odds???
    again i apologize for the lack of caps
    dadgum laptop!!!

oh and no billy, i cheated it wasn't caught on a topwater! it was caught on a secret lure i bought for big northern pike on my upcoming Canadian fishing trip i'm leaving for in 9 days! it's gonna be nice to get outta this heat for a while and maybe be able to eat some of the fish i catch for a change seeing as all i ever catch is dem big snukez! l'll leave dem big mommma snooks for you to catch for a while, i know you can get your photo's in the highlighs no problem cause I've seen you there a bunch of times already!! must be nice to be so dang handsome???
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,822 Captain
    saw ya pulling out. Was hoping for some pix !!
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
    i know you can get your photo's in the highlighs no problem cause I've seen you there a bunch of times already!! must be nice to be so dang handsome???

Yeah...it's a curse I live with. :)

It isn't like he hasn't caught some big snook and the fact he is ugly should be a plus anyway as it adds another dimension to the picture. :rotflmao

C'mon FS let's be fair here and put Pete on the front page.

Bill
  • BackyardAnglerBackyardAngler Posts: 356 Deckhand

oh and no billy, i cheated it wasn't caught on a topwater! it was caught on a secret lure i bought for big northern pike on my upcoming Canadian fishing trip i'm leaving for in 9 days!

Oh.....you caught her on the "Double Secret Whiz-Bang 5000". So it finally paid the jackpot for ya. I feel awful privileged to know this lure. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, or show the high rez photo I have of it, unless they send a cashiers check for $35.00 to BackYardAngler, POB 451, Homosassa Fl, 34448
    WhooHooo...you made the front page Pete.

Thanks FS for putting him there as he deserved the spot.

Bill
    Billy wrote: »
    WhooHooo...you made the front page Pete.

Thanks FS for putting him there as he deserved the spot.

Bill
    It never would have happened w/o the kind words from you Billy and my other Forum Bro's! Thank you FS for finally putting someone up front based on their catch and not how pretty they are!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,131 Moderator
    It never would have happened w/o the kind words from you Billy and my other Forum Bro's! Thank you FS for finally putting someone up front based on their catch and not how pretty they are!

Geez , you ain't claiming both ? :wink
    "You'll get your weather"
  • flsnookhunterflsnookhunter Posts: 196 Deckhand
    Very nice fish. Be sure to check out www.fishforsnook.com and email any pictures or videos to be posted
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,536 Captain
    Thanks Marrio it was definitely in my top 5 snook and the 2nd or 3rd biggest caught here on the nature Coast! I have only one guy to thank because he was the one who showed me where and how to catch these Giant snook! Your friend and mine and without a doubt the best fisherman i've had the pleasure to fish with>> Capt. Billy Nast! Thanks again Billy for making a Nature Cooast Snook fisherman out of me! It only took him a 1/2 day trip last year when he was still guiding to give me what would have taken me years to learn on my own!
  • deerflydeerfly Posts: 767 Officer
    wow, super congrat's there spank. That's a trophy size snook regardless of where it was caught.

In terms of the harsh realities of photo journalism, if you want fair coverage of your exploits you need to see if any of Jimmy Nelsons fishing "assistants" are available, they make pinfish and cut-bait news worthy....
    "impossibility cannot be concluded from a sample of failed efforts" - Edsger W. Dijkstra
  • ReelRedneckReelRedneck Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Thank u for the post. Do u think I could hire billy Nast to teach a 77 yr old some pointers on snook fishing before age stops me from catching a nice snook. Have fished Cr for 30 years for ST and reds. It would only be me. He this request is not out of line on this site. Will be happy to forward email address etc. thanks for your input etc. Ed
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,946 Admiral