Bad Customer Service Complaint getting faulty rod replaced

Manwich710Manwich710 Posts: 61 Deckhand
Just recently got into fishing offshore purchased 2 bluewater 6.6 and 7 foot carnage rods with SPV 6500 and 7500. Not made of money so spending 700 bucks is a lot for me.

only used the 6.6 one time caught small mackerel on it. When getting rod rigged for opening day gag season i hand pulled out drag on reel and tip broke off like a toothpick.

I UNDERSTAND RODS CAN BE FLAWED so no biggie i just exchange it with the guy i bought it from no more in stock......

Called penn started warranty claim sent all photos. this is when it get interesting i spoke with Sherri but when asked by Lisa who i spoke to the second time she said i didn't speak with her so i guess i could be wrong.

but anyways whoever i talked to after reviewing my photos acuused me of forging the reciept and lying but she was still going to process claim....... Ok you can imagine what i said.

then she informed me there was 0 Bluewater carnage rods available there redesigning them for 2016 won't be out till October. After her offering me crappy rods and me saying that not what i want. all of a sudden she said theres a combo with a SPV 6500 very similar rod but not same. i say sure sounds good she takes down my cc number and says shell send me confirmation email. Other than being called a liar i was happy at this point.

So the next day rolls around 1230 still no confirmation email i call in and talk to Lisa (who was awesome and the only reason i still might purchase penn products in future)

There was no notes according to what she saw they where still waiting on me to send them a picture... told Lisa story she said she would investigate and get back to me she got back to me and informed me Sherri said she never spoke with me and no order was placed nor did they have any combo she could replace my rod with....

I ended up with a 7 foot senator conventional rod with the 20 dollar claim fee waived for hassle, still unhappy with the hoops I had to jump threw and being called a liar...... i have penn everything multiple battles& a sargas all on allegiance 2 rods my tackle bags are even penn for god sake. i hope this senator is a decent rod....

LISA IS THE ONLY REASON I MAY CONSIDER PENN PRODUCT IN FUTURE!!

Replies

• PENNPENN Posts: 373 Deckhand
    Manwich -

First of all, let me apologize, we will be using this example to find out what went wrong and how, and learn from our mistakes.

We are relaunching the Carnage rods for 2016 so we are indeed out of stock on the model that broke.

So that I understand what happened....you broke a Carnage rod....and we are sending you a Senator combo?

Mike
    Manwich - please also PM me your full name so we can look you up in the system.

Mike
  • Manwich710Manwich710 Posts: 61 Deckhand
    PENN wrote: »
    Manwich -

First of all, let me apologize, we will be using this example to find out what went wrong and how, and learn from our mistakes.

We are relaunching the Carnage rods for 2016 so we are indeed out of stock on the model that broke.

So that I understand what happened....you broke a Carnage rod....and we are sending you a Senator combo?

Mike

just a senator rod. I'm really complaining about being called a liar/forger and giving my cc number to someone with the understanding it was all handled but then calling to check in and theres absolutely no record of the previous call which was almost an hour long and the person i believe i spoke too says she knows nothing about. I buy penn because of the sweet warranty so if its difficult to redeem warranty i might as well buy other brands....

I PMed you all other info
    Manwich - do you realize the Senator rod is a conventional roller rod and not usable as a replacement for your Carnage rod?

Mike
    Manwich - do you realize the Senator rod is a conventional roller rod and not usable as a replacement for your Carnage rod?

Mike

I do realize that i had to purchase another rod to fish opening day gags so the spv that was on the carnage that broke is on another rod now.

from what i understand this was the only rod available that was close to the price i paid for my carnage and was planning on buying a conventional reel for it
    not a fan of senator reels they feel cheap was thinking about a squall or fathom what would you recommend? going to be used for trolling lipped plugs for grouper and kingfish and some bottom fishing maybe flat lines.
    You're on the right track with the Squall and Fathom line of reels.....check your PMs.
    You're on the right track with the Squall and Fathom line of reels.....check your PMs.

you have been replied too
    MIKE IS THE MAN!!! Penn always takes care of there customers!!! just got to bring it to there attention and they will make it right!
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,268 Moderator
    Manwich710 wrote: »
    not a fan of senator reels they feel cheap was thinking about a squall or fathom what would you recommend? going to be used for trolling lipped plugs for grouper and kingfish and some bottom fishing maybe flat lines.
    Squall LD is a good trolling reel.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!