Skip to main content
Home Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

shark fishing??

ragincajun92ragincajun92 Senior MemberKingsland GaPosts: 465 Deckhand
The wife has been on me to put her on some sharks. What is the best bait to use and where would be the prime areas to fish for them this time of year? I have caught plenty of sharks but have never really targeted just them. I have some froze finger mullet in the freezer or should i try and catch some fresh live bait? also should i try and make some chum? thanks guys for the info. sorry if this is a dumb question i have always been a fresh water bass fisherman so i am still learning since i have been converted to saltwater:USA
My Fishing Videos and Reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/85stangbanger 
Thanks for watching,liking and subscribing!

Replies

• kajokajo Moderator saint johns floridaPosts: 4,620 Moderator
    head out in the morning and spot the shrimp boats..pull straight up behind them and throw out some bait on a 5/0 circle hook on 100 lb or more mono or some metal line..wait 30 seconds and have fun

we went out yesterday and caught 15 before calling it a fun day..had company in from out of town and wanted to catch some
    sharks..
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com
  • SpongkingSpongking Senior Member Beach/ SouthsidePosts: 959 Officer
    Kajo said it. Wire leader, dead/bloody bait, big circle hook, and a can-do attitude. Theyll be tired out quick. Almost cant get away from em this time of year.
    Kev
  • twirptwirp Senior Member Jax.Posts: 1,128 Officer
    Sharks are all over the place right now...We couldn't get through them the other day. Kajo's advice will have you more than busy!
    Pathfinder-Logo-300x103.jpg
  • creekgeekcreekgeek Senior Member Posts: 1,207 Officer
    Yep, if you are in a boat, anywhere off of our beaches between 15 and 50 feet. I would try to get some live mullet and pitch them around the shrimpers. If there are no shrimpers then just get out in 30-40 feet and put out a chunk of meat or live anything (mullet, pinfish, spot, croaker, etc). and hold on. I would fish some with no weight and some with light weight. You can also catch some on the beach but those are mostly sharpnose right now and they are a bit inconsistent so you may have to fish and evening or three just to catch one or two.
  • ragincajun92ragincajun92 Senior Member Kingsland GaPosts: 465 Deckhand
    Thanks fellas for all the tips
  • ragincajun92ragincajun92 Senior Member Kingsland GaPosts: 465 Deckhand
    Do you think this full moon will mess up the shark fishing? It's looks like it's going to be choppy so I may have to stay more inland seeing that I fish out of a key largo 160
  • kajokajo Moderator saint johns floridaPosts: 4,620 Moderator
    sharks dont care about the moon..hard to not catch them..if its safe out go hit them..remember though they are not going anywhere so dont go when its nasty out because you are afraid
    of missing them..go when its nicer out..they will just get thicker
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com