Fishing The Withlacoochee River in the Kayak

anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 655 Officer
Never posted here before but figured since I didn't leave fresh water I would post it. Recently bought a kayak and wanted to hit the water around 5:30pm and I live close to the withlacoochee river so I figured it was a good place to get out for a couple hours. I've only bass fished a few times in my life, mostly fish salt out of Crystal River but I live in Ocala. Fresh water is much more easily assessable for me so maybe I'll become a bass fishermen? haha who knows, anyways I was surprised that I didn't paddle much at all and caught 15 or so bass in about an hour and a half mostly small all on a lizard. Got 1 decent one for only being in about 3" of water.

Go Pro Video

https://youtu.be/kfwOWy0tIqU

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,160 Moderator
    Cool and fun fishing. Thanks for the post !
    "You'll get your weather"
  • BackyardAnglerBackyardAngler Posts: 356 Deckhand
    Imagine my shock to see my salt water hero, reduced to chasing wee guppies in such a craft.

At least our iconic Meagan was not in any way defiled from this excursion. Now lets get back to catching respectable fish. Don't you have a scalloping video or two to make?
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 655 Officer
    Imagine my shock to see my salt water hero, reduced to chasing wee guppies in such a craft.

At least our iconic Meagan was not in any way defiled from this excursion. Now lets get back to catching respectable fish. Don't you have a scalloping video or two to make?

Haha hey I live in ocala with fresh water all around me. And Megan doesn't jump on every chance to kayak like I want too. And for scalloping I can't seem to get the family to go when I want too. Then they got friends going Sunday that I don't wanna go with but I could head out any day this week if anyone wants to go but everyone seems busy.