Skip to main content
Home Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Did anybody??

ragincajun92ragincajun92 Senior MemberKingsland GaPosts: 465 Deckhand
Catch anything inshore this weekend? Had some buddies go out and they didn't get on anything. Everybody they talked to pretty much the same story.
My Fishing Videos and Reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/85stangbanger 
Thanks for watching,liking and subscribing!

Replies

• southboundchickensouthboundchicken Senior Member Posts: 711 Officer
    Same here i worked hard for a few rats and everyone i talked to said the same i think slug-o has cleaned out all my holes.... Lol
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Senior Member Posts: 4,736 Captain
    1 30" +- Red a few nice bucket mouths in the river no sign of Trout. Lot of wind. Water fairly clean. All on the mid low tide.
    Beats yard work.
  • ragincajun92ragincajun92 Senior Member Kingsland GaPosts: 465 Deckhand
    Wonder what the deal is
  • bswivbswiv Senior Member Posts: 8,475 Admiral
    Wonder what the deal is

Worth thinking about is that as is often the case during the summer when we have a LOT of salt south of town that the fish have SPREAD OUT.

Flounder will range all the way to Lake George and Crescent Lake, with reds even more numerous.

Beyond that there is a lot for them to eat out there right now.
  • Slug-OSlug-O Senior Member NocateePosts: 3,017 Captain
    Same here i worked hard for a few rats and everyone i talked to said the same i think slug-o has cleaned out all my holes.... Lol

Ha here are a few photos of the ones my clients kept, released and why we left early today..
    2C6575D3-D195-47AC-86E0-402C0BCF03E4_zpscf1ybqg4.jpg
    CF090979-8C02-4744-9B50-85C19114868E_zpsr8f5bnzb.jpg
    BB7448A7-62D8-48E4-8505-87835F811053_zpseu4aucnr.jpg
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • spyderman2015spyderman2015 Member MandarinPosts: 80 Deckhand
    Went out to the mayport jetties for a change on pace from the usual palm valley and everyone was hooking up on something. Tarpon Jacks Sharks Reds Seabass. Fish were biting everywhere out there.
    Grippin-N-Rippin :fishing
    Glad to hear somebody was catching fish. My buddies could not even get on any sharks. Fished all day and caught one sting ray. I had to work so I couldn't go. Hopefully the Sharks will be bitting this Friday coming up and the wife is really wanting to catch one. We are going to be fishing around Cumberland island.
  • bbeesbbees Junior Member Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    In fernandina back country here - With the storms blowing through and bubbling up it was challenging to get too far from the dock but my 10yo son and I got into a bunch of hungry trout, nothing huge but within the slot.

Interesting point on them was we were using micro finger mullet and after catching a couple we noticed there were yaking up baby pogies - we happened to have some of those in the well and started tossing those and they would get hit quick......First for me anyway...normally they die on the hook before they get eaten.... Just before a storm charged up to us my 10yo son hooked up with a nice 21.5" red on his ultralight....took him a while but he got it boat side -

Sunday we got chased off the water twice without hardly getting a chance to fish and missed bites on each window but finally got out at higher water (not my favorite time to get at it) and we were getting skunked until suddenly a big splash and boil woke us up, well away from the shore line we were casting to.....I had my little mullet in and was getting ready to cast when it happened so I was able to quickly toss over to the boil and within 30 seconds I hooked into a linebacker of a 22" red.

We had some keystone cops moments during its run as I was also using an ultralight and my son had somehow manager to triple loop his line around my line while he was lifting the jighead out of the water boatside....luckily I had the fish close to the boat by that time and I got his bail open so the runs were under control UNTIL he next managed to get the PowerPro somehow tangled into the zipper on his shorts pocket ! At this point all bets were off....I horsed my fish to the boat grabbed the leader and heaved it into the boat hoping the hook would hold....luckily it did.....

Long story for a simple answer I guess - but we certainly have hungry fish here in FB anyway.....Just need the storms to leave me alone when I have time off of work !
    b
    Good to know as I have been fishing more and more in fernandina
  • WanderJaxWanderJax Member Jacksonville, FLPosts: 65 Deckhand
    We boated 4 slot redfish and 2 overslot with the largest being 30" on Saturday. 2 flounder at 13" and 15" a fat jack and 3 catfish (we're not supposed to count those).

The fish are out there, just keep looking. We've all had those days where it seems like nothing is biting.

Last fish of the day before the thunderstorms sent us back to the ramp.
    That's a nice red
  • creekgeekcreekgeek Senior Member Posts: 1,207 Officer
    We did OK on Sunday morning...3 slot reds to 26.5, a decent flounder, some real nice mangrove snapper and one ancient old giant jack...I see he/she was not the only giant jack patrolling the river..this one was my biggest ever and I caught it on tiny mud minnow looking for flounder!
  • big baitbig bait Senior Member Jax BeachPosts: 426 Deckhand
    HOLLY COW that's a huge jack, how was fight on light tackle??
    Now that's a jack