Home General Hunting

Web-based audio/video link to FWCC 24 June meeting ???

BuckDaddyBuckDaddy Posts: 644 Officer
Does anyone have a web link to view video/audio of tomorrow's FWCC mtg, for those of us that cannot attend ? Thx, in advance, for sharing...

Replies

• RexLanRexLan Posts: 868 Officer
    DRAMA .... lot's of nut jobs there. The last one "lives in bear country" and she is very familiar with everything.

The next one thinks the bears are her "brothers" and give herself credit because she wrote news letters in the 90"s !

This is right up there with Judge Judy
    Port Charlotte, Florida
  • GlennGlenn GeorgiaPosts: 1,728 Captain
    These nut jobs keep blaming the trash problems being the issue and the amount of money the FWCC is spending on this hunt. Do they not read the paper and how much money goes into removing these bears and moving them all the time. Wish I could have made the meeting...
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,360 Officer
    Take a kid hunting.

What do hunters do for conservation?

A lot.... http://www.fws.gov/hunting/whatdo.html

Could just stand up at the meeting and read the text in the above link.

Also, 25 reasons why hunting is conservation from RMEF... #25 is the best...

http://www.rmef.org/Conservation/HuntingIsConservation/25ReasonsWhyHuntingIsConservation.aspx
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • RexLanRexLan Posts: 868 Officer
    That would be brutal to sit there through this massive BS session.

You will never change minds on either side. I know in my case the more wacko's I saw the more resistant I became to them rather than rallying around their camp. It totally backfires.
    Port Charlotte, Florida
  • HollywoodcorollaHollywoodcorolla Posts: 440 Deckhand
    Wackos.
    They are more emotion then life problems
  • cracker4112cracker4112 Posts: 748 Officer
    Dude showed up in a bear suit! Cuckoo!
  • icy1155icy1155 Posts: 123 Officer
    I was just going to ask if anyone else watched that dude. That wasn't a circus at all...

I don't know how the FWC Commission keeps a straight face through all of this.
  • JustketchumJustketchum Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Did I hear that right...that **** bear called me a cave man! Chuck you didn't feed that thing at lunch, did you...lol!
    When he came up, someone with a mic said "Jesus"...
    To whoever the younger speaker with the shaved head who spoke around 2:18, very good job. It's nice to see well spoken hunters with clearly thought out points that aren't simply catering to emotion like 99% of the antis.
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,334 Captain
    how about the 15 year old girl that they were heckling after her speech . these protesters sure are scumbags . The one guy said it right hunters will never bother you but protesters go out of there way to .
    living life as i like
    And it passed. Now for the lawsuit to try to stop it. Hopefully the judge just dismisses any, but we'll see.
  • BuckDaddyBuckDaddy Posts: 644 Officer
    AllenR wrote: »

After he spoke, he was standing in the back wearing a shooting range target on his chest ... IDK, I think he was just trying to impress the cute anti-chickies in the crowd, so he could get piece later, lol... :grin
    I think maybe he wasn't looking at the chicks...
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    I think maybe he wasn't looking at the chicks...

I hear they called him Caitlyn..
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,652 Captain
    BuckDaddy wrote: »
    After he spoke, he was standing in the back wearing a shooting range target on his chest ... IDK, I think he was just trying to impress the cute anti-chickies in the crowd, so he could get piece later, lol... :grin
    I told him the target was in the wrong spot. Needed to be moved up on chest. Education was not appreciated. Go figure.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    I got a txt said Bergeron voted not in favor of the Bear Hunt, is this correct? I Understand but don't agree on his Panther Position but the Bear thing if true has me miffed?
    True. He indicated that he probably would have voted for it had the population studies all been complete...
    I got a txt said Bergeron voted not in favor of the Bear Hunt, is this correct? I Understand but don't agree on his Panther Position but the Bear thing if true has me miffed?

But the vote was for the hunting as far as what I'm hearing and seeing right?

At least Chuck E. got to say a few words on Bay News 9 instead of it all being PETA people.
  • BuckDaddyBuckDaddy Posts: 644 Officer
    Glenn wrote: »
    But the vote was for the hunting as far as what I'm hearing and seeing right?
    Yes... All were for it, w/ the exception of Bergeron...
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,701 Captain
    Bergeron walking the tight rope.
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,652 Captain
    Commissioner Bergeron used the fact that all the population studies had not come back yet to position himself for hunting but not now. In my opinion if Commissioner Bergeron truly supported hunting and wanted to wait on the latest population number to come in he would have made a motion to move forward in the BMU's that the updated data is in for and hold off on the ones data will be there next year. He did not do that and just voted no. A lot of gap between yes but and all no.

But that did not surprise me. I had seen comments to the such from him before this thing got really started. What did surprise me is that he voted yes at the last meeting.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,138 Captain
    Well....there was a group of us who did "sit through" the whole session....and got up and spoke in the face of being outnumbered ten to one at least....I have been to these rodeos before...so signed up the day before and got in the second spot...which is well before the Commissioners get bleary eyed.....I hope you saw Bishop, Todd, Mike, John and the others make comments...... We won the day......The nuttiest person was a guy who got up and said he represented the traditional bow hunters...then went on to say that he opposed the bear hunt because there was no limit on permit sales and "if 3000 people bought permit and all hunted on opening day they might kill 3000 bears and wipe out the population before the FWC could react and stop the hunt".............Mind you this is "still hunting". The rules call for the week hunt to be stopped as soon as about 300 bears are killed. You have to check your bear the day of the kill. Those of us who have experience with bears do not expect the 300 to be killed in the entire week....The guy must be a "ringer" of some sort...
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,981 Admiral
    I will be surprised I 50 are taken.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    So does anyone know what the rules on attractants will be? I'm not talking about bait.

My only experience with bear hunting is in NY where you are allowed up to 2 oz of "liquid attractant". What a lot of the old timers do up there is mix anise extract with vanilla extract and use that as the 2 oz. Since it is not anything that the bears can actually eat, it's considered attractant instead of bait. In addition to this, some companies make "smoke sticks" that also fall into this category since they aren't food.

Has anyone seen anything in the proposed regs about this?
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,138 Captain
    Sometimes it is wise just to remain quiet........At this point the only statement has been...."no bait".....
    N. Cook wrote: »
    Well....there was a group of us who did "sit through" the whole session....and got up and spoke in the face of being outnumbered ten to one at least....I have been to these rodeos before...so signed up the day before and got in the second spot...which is well before the Commissioners get bleary eyed.....I hope you saw Bishop, Todd, Mike, John and the others make comments...... We won the day......The nuttiest person was a guy who got up and said he represented the traditional bow hunters...then went on to say that he opposed the bear hunt because there was no limit on permit sales and "if 3000 people bought permit and all hunted on opening day they might kill 3000 bears and wipe out the population before the FWC could react and stop the hunt".............Mind you this is "still hunting". The rules call for the week hunt to be stopped as soon as about 300 bears are killed. You have to check your bear the day of the kill. Those of us who have experience with bears do not expect the 300 to be killed in the entire week....The guy must be a "ringer" of some sort...
    Nevermind...