Skip to main content
Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Chokoloskee 6/20-21

Had a great trip this weekend with some good friends started off the morning working shore line with topwater which yeilded a great keeper red for my buddy Chris.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434940685.606163.jpg
From there I managed to land 2 sub slot size snook sorry no pics worked off the mangrove lines to the boils of the oyster beds blind casting spooks up and down hill sides of beds which yeilded me a lower slot red and a stud gator trout again all on super spook juniors. I switched up to a DOA cal paddle tail white and chartreuse with red head and landed a nice upper slot red on 8 pound test what a great fight.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434940964.461966.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434940976.447433.jpg
Wrapped up the am with 5 trout from 17-23". Took my buddies 3 YO son out to the gulf and let him pull on some trout cats and ladies. Wrapped the evening up with 6 more trout to 19".
Started this am out same routine with a different outcome bite was slow had a total of 4 bites and landed 2 fish one of which was a solid 27" bull headed red thankfully he was legal as it swallowed my plug and wouldn't have survived the extraction so we headed home with a couple quart bags of fish and a wore out 3 yo hope you all enjoy the post and pics get out there and catch a few they are there and biting
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434941360.681158.jpg

Replies