Home Navionics

Problems with navionics and my box

mwhiddenmwhidden Posts: 2 Greenhorn
I recently bought a sonar phone t box for my boat. I had planned on using my iPad with the 50 dollar navionics version. When I tried to use it the navionics would not find my location. My iPad is wifi only but I thought it would work because navionics runs off of satellites. I checked all the settings and still no luck. The t box connected fine.

I then tried my other tablet which does have cellular service but has the 15 dollar version of navionics. The navionics worked fine but the tbox would not come up. Everything works great on my phone.

My question is has anyone had these problems with these scenarios, and if so what fixed them. Thanks in advance

Replies

• mikenavmikenav Posts: 857 Officer
    Hey there! When you say "Navionics would not find my location", you're talking about the GPS, right? Just want to clarify. And what brand is your other tablet?

This is a new problem (as far as I know), but I am looking around to see if anybody has encountered this kind of thing.

I will get back to you when I hear something helpful. In the meantime, if you go to navionics.com there is a HELP button on the right side and they have live chat that may be able to get the GPS working back oh the Navionics app...
    Just a thought.
  • mwhiddenmwhidden Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Thanks mike. Yessir the gps is the problem. It's my end not the navionics end. I did more research last nigjt and from what ive seen im not sure if the wifi only ipad is going to work. my other tablet is a Verizon elipsys. I guess it's my only hope now other than a new ipad. I'll give the help button
  • avmechavmech Jupiter, FLPosts: 1,373 Officer
    My Navionics app uses my Ipad's GPS. Typically the WiFi only Ipad does NOT have a GPS sensor, but the cell/WiFi ones do.
    Member #10822