Skip to main content
Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Protecting Yourself from Vibrio Infection

13»

Replies

• Luv2YakLuv2Yak Banned Alachua CountyPosts: 944 Officer
    Billy wrote: »
    ...So a vet's advice is medical advice for humans? I mean...that's what you are promoting...

I have cited and posted information about veterinary AND human products - with links and references.

I have also been critical of the use of hydrogen peroxide because it lacks antiseptic/bactericidal efficacy.

Please carefully re-read each and every post I've contributed to this thread then feel free to cite the post(s) in which I advised or promoted the use of veterinary-labeled products for humans.
  • BillyBilly Senior Member Posts: 2,773 Captain
    Luv2Yak wrote: »
    I have cited and posted information about veterinary AND human products - with links and references.

I have also been critical of the use of hydrogen peroxide because it lacks antiseptic/bactericidal efficacy.

Please carefully re-read each and every post I've contributed to this thread then feel free to cite the post(s) in which I advised or promoted the use of veterinary-labeled products for humans.

I'm not going to be critical of anymore posts as this isn't the place for it and I'm not qualified to make recommendations.

My point was you aren't exactly the right person either. The fact you are a veterinarian ( I am assuming) doesn't make you anymore capable of offering medical advice than Doc...who you called out
    Sounds like medical advice to me.
    . I've said my piece, my experience in debating with you is hopeless due to the fact you can cheery pick Google better than me, so I'll bow out of this thread.

I will leave you with one tip though. You obviously have much to offer but you certainly need to work on your delivery methods. Not many people, most without your background, will even take the time to read all the links and cut and paste you post, to ensure the data is current, so maybe, just maybe, if you would be a bit humble in your advice lacing it with layman's terms it would make people less defensive. Your mileage may vary though. I'm just trying to help.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • Luv2YakLuv2Yak Banned Alachua CountyPosts: 944 Officer
    Billy wrote: »
    ...doesn't make you anymore capable of offering medical advice than Doc...

Firstly, I've not offered any medical advice.

Secondly, anyone is capable of offering (bad or good) medical advise, however, not everyone is qualified to offer medical advice.
  • BillyBilly Senior Member Posts: 2,773 Captain
    Luv2Yak wrote: »
    Firstly, I've not offered any medical advice.

Secondly, anyone is capable of offering (bad or good) medical advise, however, not everyone is qualified to offer medical advice.

Whatever. I know not everyone is qualified (yeah...I shouldn't have used the word capable) as that was my point too. I didn't realize I had to spell it out.

Read my last paragraph again...maybe it will sink in. We all aren't stupid and you aren't the only one that is smart.

And this is my last post on this thread as I am cluttering up a decent informative thread.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • capt louiecapt louie Moderator citrus countyPosts: 10,881 Moderator
    Yes , a good informative thread. . .
    "You'll get your weather"
  • cprcpr Senior Member dwcPosts: 9,299 Admiral
    Hydrogen Peroxide works and works well to clear a small infection. The reason the medical community is down on it is it does slow healing, dries and contributes to scars. I have been told by wound care people that keeping a wound moist with antibiotic ointment and covered is the best and fastest way to treat a small cut. I don't care about scabs and don't want to mess with Band-Aids so I still use Hydrogen Peroxide.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • RedbonzRedbonz Senior Member OcalaPosts: 4,538 Captain
    Ok so the final conclusion is everyone stay off the water. No fishing or Scalloping. I will test all the waters and let you know when it is safe to get out there again....:grin
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • SlackerSlacker Senior Member Homosassa, JaxPosts: 1,815 Captain
    Thanks, Doc. We used your system on our grandson this week and he healed up fine. I was a pretty good scrape from a fall in the boat.
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Digital Now Included!

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

Preview This Month's Issue

Buy Digital Single Issues

Don't miss an issue.
Buy single digital issue for your phone or tablet.

Buy Single Digital Issue on the Florida Sportsman App

Other Magazines

See All Other Magazines

Special Interest Magazines

See All Special Interest Magazines

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Florida Sportsman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement

Phone Icon

Get Digital Access.

All Florida Sportsman subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets.

To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine.

Get Digital Access

Not a Subscriber?
Subscribe Now