Need help finding a rod guide.

I have a penn torque rod with a broken rod guide. I'm trying to order a replacement. Everything I keep reading says you measure the outside of the ring insert. The problem is the ring is missing and I just have the frame to go by. I know these are titanium pac bay guides from looking at the penn website. These are black frame with gold rings. I can not find this combo anywhere. Any help on how to accurately measure these and where I might be able to find them would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,319 Officer
    Try Mudhole.com. You can call toll free at 866-790-RODS.
  • berry79berry79 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    fish_stix wrote: »
    Try Mudhole.com. You can call toll free at 866-790-RODS.

I have tried mudhole.com but, this guide is not listed on the website. Maybe I can try calling Monday

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,319 Officer
    OK. There's always www.fishpacbay.com. Download their catalog and try to match up your guides. Personally, I would find something close in a Fuji guide and keep on trucking!
  • vernonvernon Posts: 51 Greenhorn
    try penn direct website
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,360 Captain
    If you can't figure out the size guide needed take your rod to any local shop that does rod repairs -they'll be able to tell at a glance the size needed by just looking at the guides on either side of the broken one.... then at least you'll know what size to order once you find the style needed. These days there's more than a few rods being sold equipped with guides that aren't being offered stateside (most rods are built offshore these days....). good luck
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Croaker JOCroaker JO Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    For size, the outside diameter of the ring will be very close to the inside diameter of the whole that was left when it fell out. Measure that and "round" to the nearest guide size. All rings are measured to the outside of the ring because various ring materials will change the inside diameter.