Skip to main content
Home Boating

Marquesas get together...

mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
edited June 3 in Boating #1
The weather and the Tarpon were just not on the same page this trip. We bypassed the restaurant vibe to do a simple picnic bbq at our place this year. Maybe the start of a new tradition. We will try it again next year. Plan on it :)

Replies

• Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    Looks like a bunch of tired, beer drinking liars... Sorry meant to say fisherman. Keep Smilin... Pete
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,394 Officer
    Looks like a bunch of tired, beer drinking liars... Sorry meant to say fisherman. Keep Smilin... Pete

That's pretty much it in a nut shell!:funnypost

Had a great time this year. Michael & his wife were great hosts and cooked up a mean spread. The coffee was exceptional as always.
    :thumbsup

The fishing was just slow but learned allot and will get them next year!

20150603_173615_zpseph3im1u.jpg
    20150603_173621_zpsft5hy3xm.jpg
    20150604_194411_zpsoop6t7vr.jpg
    FB_IMG_1433544041707_zpsoyehtn1v.jpg
    20150605_220358_zps6d3cpn77.jpg
  • Last-CastLast-Cast Posts: 233 Deckhand
    MTD885 Thanks for being such a gracious host. Looking forward to going down there again.
    Egret 189
    Maverick 17T sold
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    You Bet Manny! Next time I hope the weather cooperates and we can make that Marquesas run.
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    We could have done it Saturday the best day but the weather report said rain all day and it ended up being a perfect day. Great party. The Pie Guy started out with dessert as usual and good conservation the whole time. Hopefully next year we see more people but if we don't I am ok with it. More room to fish for me. :)

Thanks Glen for a wealth of information as always and our BBQ host Michael for a great low key social gathering. I hope to see Manny and Bert there next year also. Cheers
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    We could have done it Saturday the best day but the weather report said rain all day and it ended up being a perfect day. Great party. The Pie Guy started out with dessert as usual and good conservation the whole time. Hopefully next year we see more people but if we don't I am ok with it. More room to fish for me. :)

Thanks Glen for a wealth of information as always and our BBQ host Michael for a great low key social gathering. I hope to see Manny and Bert there next year also. Cheers

Thanks for taking the time to give Phillip a casting lesson.
    Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor Micheal.
    I put a pic of your casting instructor up and you diss me? You should be on your knees!
    mtd885 wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to give Phillip a casting lesson. :)
    I put a pic of your casting instructor up and you diss me? You should be on your knees!

First there was talk about Martins "Brokeback Marquesas" then shots of high grade liquor and the G string was a bad idea. Phill fixated on the package and not the loops. I think he was on his knees for a while. Then you were. Boy what happens in the keys was suppose to stay in the keys.
    Micheal, I can not beleive you leaked out the picture of our special moment. Its a shame you did not get a frontal of the strap on I used on you.

:crowd
    First there was talk about Martins "Brokeback Marquesas" then shots of high grade liquor and the G string was a bad idea. Phill fixated on the package and not the loops. I think he was on his knees for a while. Then you were. Boy what happens in the keys was suppose to stay in the keys.

It's ok Frank nobody here thought we were referring to you. That outfit is certainly appropriate for a Hells Bay owner. I'm sure nobody noticed...LMAO
    It's ok Frank nobody here thought we were referring to you. That outfit is certainly appropriate for a Hells Bay owner. I'm sure nobody noticed...LMAO

will reply later.
    will reply later.

Got your reply. Jeff can narrate my next audio book.
    Got your reply. Jeff can narrate my next audio book.

You really don't want that to happen!

Good group of guys in spite of them elves! Perhaps a rerun this fall may be in order for the Marquesas.
  • Last-CastLast-Cast Posts: 233 Deckhand
    We should consider a run before the hotels go to their winter rates.
    Egret 189
    Maverick 17T sold
    I say we get something scheduled.
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 953 Officer
    I say we get something scheduled.

Its OK to schedule ahead but this excursion is best planned a week or less out when there is a decent outlook on the weather. It's probably best to target a possible two week window and as that gets close focus on the most likey dates. That doesn't work so well with accommodations but at the same time making the plan too far in advance and arriving to find its going to be less than ideal conditions doesn't work either. All the more reason for you to get your keys place so you can come whenever you want without having to plan too far in advance.
    Its OK to schedule ahead but this excursion is best planned a week or less out when there is a decent outlook on the weather. It's probably best to target a possible two week window and as that gets close focus on the most likey dates. That doesn't work so well with accommodations but at the same time making the plan too far in advance and arriving to find its going to be less than ideal conditions doesn't work either. All the more reason for you to get your keys place so you can come whenever you want without having to plan too far in advance.

Yeah Frank, buy the place next door and I'll caretake for a reasonable sum ;)
    Yeah Frank, buy the place next door and I'll caretake for a reasonable sum ;)

Thanks. You make a great caretaker.
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    Thanks. You make a great caretaker.
    Don't do it Frank...Next thing you know, Michael will be drinking his morning coffee under your Tiki Hut and filling his Yeti with the ice from your ice maker. Not to mention if you leave that trader boat down there what else he's capable of doing. Keep Smilin...Pete
    He is very talented .
    He is very talented and has a great **** stamp.

That's just not right! :funnypost
    Don't do it Frank...Next thing you know, Michael will be drinking his morning coffee under your Tiki Hut and filling his Yeti with the ice from your ice maker. Not to mention if you leave that trader boat down there what else he's capable of doing. Keep Smilin...Pete

I've got my own ice-maker:willynilly