Crystal River with Megan and Solomon 5-29 Offshore and Inshore Spearfishing

Had decent weather so Megan, Solomon and I headed offshore. Started at a wreck in 15ft caught alot of small grouper, grunt and snapper, then caught 1 small cobia. There was a ton of blue runner and small mackeral to keep us busy until another boat decided to drive over it 10 times so we left. Decided to head to the reef in 30ft, ride wasn't bad at all. Got there and the water was super clear. You could see fish on the bottom! Jumped in to get a better look there was grouper, snapper, sheepshead, hogfish and grunt everywhere. But I can't dive that deep but it was beautiful! Forgot to get a video on the go pro :banghead. Saw a barracuda and goliath grouper that scared me so I got out lol. Had a few big fish break me off and hooked something huge which I think was the goliath, and a barracuda chased alot of our fish to the boat. Went spearfishing once we got into shallower water and got some more snapper a sheepshead and a nice flounder. I also saw a ton of scallops around the foul rock area which is much farther out than I usually see alot of them. But didn't see any at all where I usually find them in shallower. Everything was caught on shrimp, and we only bought 50. All in all it was a really fun day

Go Pro Video

https://youtu.be/u4B-SUqRyDI

Replies

• Quad32xQuad32x Anthony , FloridaPosts: 170 Deckhand
    Man that looks like a ton of fun !
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,804 Admiral
    There went that nice little secret....
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • leel33mlleel33ml Posts: 143 Officer
    Looks like a good time!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,532 Captain
    Good report and a ton of info. Thanks
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 924 Officer
    That's the way to stay cool and put some meat in the box with the temps this time of year! The dive looks like a lot of fun but the water isn't usually clear enough for me to want to jump in and try that.
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 639 Officer
    " Everything was caught on shrimp, and we only bought 50." Looks like a lot of them were caught on the end of a spear :wink That's the way to stay cool and put some meat in the box this time of year! The dive looks like fun but the water isn't usually clear enough for me to want to jump in and try that.

Trust me it's so much more clear than it appears in the video. It was crystal clear but not a lot of fish
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    :thumbsup
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead