WAC 5/29/15

Headed out to Waccasassa this morning with my GF to try and get some trout and maybe a cobia or two. Was on the water about 7:45 and headed to the grass. Trout bite started off good but a lot of shorts but were consistent. Only wound up with two big enough to keep but got a couple spanish macks as well. Caught five small sharks trying to get cobia the biggest being a 3ft bonnet head. The tide went slack with no current at all so we headed to try and find a red or two. No luck there either saw a few rat reds but none were chewing. Headed back to try the trout and a few more shorts were waiting but nothing great. Shortly after a strong wind came in so we headed back about 5:00. All in all a slow day but no complaining with good weather and a relaxing day on the bay.

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    Can't complain about time on the water...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,773 Captain
    Yep, looks like Summer is here! Sharks, slow bite and lots of heat!! Not many places better than to be out on the water evan if they ain't biting fast & furiously!! At least you got yer line stretched which is more than lots probably did!! Thanks for posting!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,472 Officer
    Those sharks are fun til you see them.