Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Gator Phase 2 results

Gone_FishingGone_Fishing Posts: 1,184 Officer
Phase 2 draw is up. Skunked again :banghead

Replies

• icy1155icy1155 Posts: 123 Officer
    Same here. So far of our group of 8 hunters I have heard back from 5, all negative. I'm really hoping we manage to score at least one pair of tags this season...

Time to complain about the lack of preference points again I guess.
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 8,512 Admiral
    The way it's going could be that I'll have to offer out services to go gator hunting!!!

4 more ZEROS!!!!:huh
  • phantom561phantom561 Posts: 240 Deckhand
    Three years in a row skunked! 20 people I know and only one set of tags between us. Lets drive up to Louisiana and beat Troy Landry's roof in...
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 Posts: 4,533 Captain
    none for me again lol happens
    living life as i like
  • gatortrout19gatortrout19 Posts: 244 Deckhand
    Add me to the UNSUCCESSFUL list. Might be the first time in 7 years I don't gator hunt. Awesome.
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    Zippo
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • pgarner222pgarner222 Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Nothing again.....
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 265 Deckhand
    Ditto here as well as a couple buddys. Huge waste of our time trying to get tags. Unless FWC implements preference points and finds some way to eliminate the bogus applications I'm done.

And we even tried for a couple counties as well, Lake and Osceola, but nothing.
  • bgeorgebgeorge Posts: 1,652 Captain
    One more (wife) out of four left in family. How have 10 gators to get just in the family and then there is my partners and his family and friends. Will have great opportunity to test out more gear this year. There is still one more round before the free for all. Will see what is left. Get ready to pull out those credit cards.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • 4WARD4WARD Posts: 2,984 Captain
    "Get ready to pull out those credit cards."

More and more convinced that they should do that from the get go. WHY NOT ???
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
    CC requirement should be in all phases. With my understanding of phase 3, I will now be competing with others who have already been awarded a permit. I'm willing to pay $272+ and they will be paying $65+. How fricking stupid is that?
  • century7century7 Posts: 2,410 Captain
    Same hear, a swing and a miss
    It works 60% of the time all the time......
  • electricblueelectricblue Posts: 71 Deckhand
    Hell yeah! I got one. Lake Tohopekaliga
  • electricblueelectricblue Posts: 71 Deckhand
    Who want's to go?
  • PinkIndian321PinkIndian321 Posts: 489 Deckhand
    Gots mines boys!
  • jpatz18jpatz18 Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Who want's to go?

you can count me in lol
    Affordable Alligator Hunting Equipment

http://www.alligatorhuntingequipment.com

Like us on Facebook!
  • David BDavid B Posts: 1,907 Captain
    Zip
    Increasing MMGW or climate change, one twist off at a time.
  • floridacrackrfloridacrackr Posts: 603 Officer
    I got drawn at STA 1 (south). Never been out there...anybody care to share any info on the place? Ive heard mixed reviews so far.
  • icy1155icy1155 Posts: 123 Officer
    We helped a friend hunt there last year. Ended up with a 7'8" and 8'8". We also saw two of the biggest gators we saw all season there. My biggest suggestions are bring a Jon boat or canoe so you can access done more of the water and try to get to areas that aren't right on the road.
  • Gone_FishingGone_Fishing Posts: 1,184 Officer
    Based on what I saw at the Dupuis youth hunt, I would bring a jon boat to get over the top of any gators that you hook from the shore. My son lost a few to the rock ledges.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,265 AG
    blanked out again.....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • cracker4112cracker4112 Posts: 1,019 Officer
    No again, I'm on a roll!
  • bgeorgebgeorge Posts: 1,652 Captain
    4WARD wrote: »
    "Get ready to pull out those credit cards."

More and more convinced that they should do that from the get go. WHY NOT ???

We know many people who want a set of tags and hunt in a group. Do not want them to be forced to purchase extras when they know they can not fill them all. Currently they pick the best one drawn and let the others go back. Rather them come back for the rest of us to have a chance at them even if in a later draw. This is not a solo hunt for the average individual.

Need to take out the possibility for people to get extras for $69 before everyone gets a chance to get their first one. Will fix many issues.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • mr300smr300s Posts: 282 Officer
    none for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Custom Phone Cases, and Wounded Warrior Cases
    https://www.etsy.com/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop
    bgeorge wrote: »
    We know many people who want a set of tags and hunt in a group. Do not want them to be forced to purchase extras when they know they can not fill them all. Currently they pick the best one drawn and let the others go back. Rather them come back for the rest of us to have a chance at them even if in a later draw. This is not a solo hunt for the average individual.

Need to take out the possibility for people to get extras for $69 before everyone gets a chance to get their first one. Will fix many issues.

No it is not a solo hunt for the average individual, that is why you have agents licenses.
    I agree that $69 tags should not be available until everyone has a chance but, I am not following your first point.
    If you can't fill or pay for a tag then you should not apply for it. Curious how many "groups" of people you know of with that problem.
    Out of 10 to 15 people I know of only 2 permits awarded.
    2 of the lakes all those people applied for had almost 50% rollover from phase 1.
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 8,512 Admiral
    4WARD wrote: »
    No it is not a solo hunt for the average individual, that is why you have agents licenses.
    I agree that $69 tags should not be available until everyone has a chance but, I am not following your first point.
    If you can't fill or pay for a tag then you should not apply for it. Curious how many "groups" of people you know of with that problem.
    Out of 10 to 15 people I know of only 2 permits awarded.
    2 of the lakes all those people applied for had almost 50% rollover from phase 1.

Not sure of how to deal with the obvious issue but I do think that the submitting of a credit card at the time of application such that some of that gaming stops is a good idea. Should not be to hard to accomplish.

Hopefully the folks at the FWC are keeping a eye on this one.

And it is worth noting that should there be 5-600 permits issued at $69 rather than the regular price that comes to $100 THOUSAND to the alligator management program. Needs to be done.
  • gatortrout19gatortrout19 Posts: 244 Deckhand
    I think the number of people putting in applications "just because" with no intention of buying far outnumber those applying in a group, everyone getting awarded a set of tags, and only picking one set of tags. I've mentioned this in every survey I've taken, and every time I talk with or email someone with the alligator program over the past few years and they have yet to give a reason for no pay at application time other than the group application thing mentioned above. I think they're out of touch with what is really going on.
  • tmrprtmrpr Posts: 31 Deckhand
    One in my group got a set in the first phase and I drew the same tags in the the second phase. Both sets were bought. I think that having 20 option causes some of the roll over tags. There were some of my selections that I am not sure I would have bought had I drawn them.
    The 20 options thing seems a little much but I would have bought any one of mine.
    If you did not have a choice to turn them down then you become more selective about what you apply for. Nobody says you have to fill them all in. There is no "group application" where everyone would be forced to pay for the same hunt. If people want to coordinate with others then they would have to put a little more thought into it.
    I think the changes this year are going in the right direction. Just need to eliminate the ability to bump tags down the line. Money talks and like bswiv stated above that would also be a win for the state.
    bgeorge wrote: »

I couldn't agree more. But how is this going to be done? All I can think of is to make a PHASE 3A that is open only to those without a tag and they will have to put in their CC info. PHASE 3B is then like phase 3 is currently set up.