So you think the NBA is dead? (NBA Finals)

Replies

• on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,907 Admiral
    Two all time, ALL TIME, records have been broken in this series.
    LBJ w/ the most points in the first 3 games of the series and Curry has crushed the 3's made record. Both offensive records while the teams are shooting low percentages due to great D.
    Sorry but those facts do not support your point. In fact they prove how off base and ridgid you are being w/ your preconceived notion that the finals would be a dud.
    mikev wrote: »
    How many points did Isiah Thomas score? Magic? Bird? Shaq?

All less than lebron.
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,199 Captain
    Dupe,

You love this series so enjoy it!

You are contradicting yourself though, great Defense but they broke the all time 3 record. Come on man those things do not go together. You do not score over or near 100 points against a great defense.

Your great team and leader LBJ only scored 2 points in game 1 in overtime that was allowed because the game was over. Yea, they were that tired.

The League MVP stinking the place up with poor shooting in the last 2 games. Sorry, that is not great ball!

We know you are too young to remember all of the great teams but in the playoffs you were not scoring near 100 points a night, more like in the 70's.......

Now the games have been close but very sloppy, lots of fowls called or not, and the officiating has been horrid.

Here is some other news, LBJ could not carry MJ's jock..........

Until later..........have a good one and enjoy the game!
    The cavs won game two shooting 36%.
    setting scoring records does not mean there is no D.
    No contradiction.
    If the shooting % was at an all time high you would have a point, but it's not and you don't. :)
    Edit:
    The 3 point record Curry had set was for the entire playoffs, not the finals.
    LBJ's record is for the finals.

If you don't think Delly is playing good D on Curry I can't help you.
    Fly, we can agree to disagree on if this series is "good/entertaining".
    I wanted to start a conversation on whether the "NBA was dead" as you have stated multiple times generally followed by the ratings of the last 10-15 finals, or not. My point that the NBA is not dead and this finals would prove it has been validated. Though you might think the games are not good the nation would appear to disagree (look at the ratings).
    I will continue to watch but I appreciate you giving the games a shot for the sake of discussion.

Side note:
    If this series makes it to the Friday night game 7 we will be talking about all time high NBA ratings.
  • BuckeyeBuckeye Posts: 4,983 Captain
    I've watched a couple games and only because it's Cleveland and what a good story it would be for that area.

I agree completely the games are being played sloppy by both sides and the officiating is terrible.

Lebron post game seems to be saying all the right things to boost his teams morale. That team has a lot of heart.

Would be pretty neat to see him bring one home. That area sure could use it.
    harbaugh_slow.gif

I have never eaten a booger in my entire life. -Jim Harbaugh
    Guess who was there:
    harbaugh_slow.gif

Video did not load.
    My guess... Urb.
    Get a better phone. Works just fine from PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uPx5drHj98
    harbaugh_slow.gif

Video did not load.
    My guess... Urb.
    Get a better phone. Works just fine from PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uPx5drHj98
    harbaugh_slow.gif

lol.... home on the laptop now.
    Dude is cool... I tried to tell you.
    Well last nights game was brutal... on the play when LBJ hurt his head he was fouled but it looked like when his feet hit the ground he launched himself into the camera man. Lol, backfire.

Just hoping for a game 7.
    Bump.
    LBJ just spoke to the media... I am sure he was asked but he was talking about be worn down and spending all of his time on the training table.

Ehhhh.
    ****... congrats to the Warriors. Very good team and Curry is the real deal.
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
    And much better than lebron....
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    Floridas first woman's college.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.
    Watch this series get one of the top final ratings ever.

It should be a awesome series w/ quality match ups and adjustments.
    LBJ and the cavs have meshed at the perfect time and the time off should should really help both teams. looking forward to watching LBJ shut down Curry in clutch time, much like he did to Rose the year Rose won the MVP when anyone w/ a clue knew LBJ was the better player.

LBJ is too much and wills the Cavs ftmfw.
    CAVS in 6.

Edit:
    I think Curry is a class act and a GREAT player.

Dupe,

Here are the ratings for the NBA finals and as you can clearly see this series did not impress anyone and our population has increased. So, they we just .2 points from tying and all time low.

NBC 1996 5.0
    NBC 1997 4.7
    NBC 1998 4.6
    NBC 1999 4.3
    NBC 2000 3.3
    NBC 2001 3.0
    NBC 2002 2.9
    ABC 2003 2.6
    ABC 2004 2.4
    ABC 2005 2.3
    ABC 2006 2.2
    ABC 2007 2.0
    ABC 2008 2.2
    ABC 2009 2.3
    ABC 2010 2.3
    ABC 2011 3.0
    ABC 2012 3.3
    ABC 2013 2.9
    ABC 2014 2.3
    ABC 2015 2.2

As stated before no one really cares anymore and the product that the NBA is selling is not what is was in the past (the ratings prove that country agrees with me).

Now we all know you are a LBJ lover but he could not carry MJ's jock!
    I don't know what metric you are looking at but those don't match what I have seen/heard.
    And for someone does not care you sure have posted a lot about it.
    :)
    Fly Hooker wrote: »
    Dupe,

Here are the ratings for the NBA finals and as you can clearly see this series did not impress anyone and our population has increased. So, they we just .2 points from tying and all time low.

NBC 1996 5.0
    NBC 1997 4.7
    NBC 1998 4.6
    NBC 1999 4.3
    NBC 2000 3.3
    NBC 2001 3.0
    NBC 2002 2.9
    ABC 2003 2.6
    ABC 2004 2.4
    ABC 2005 2.3
    ABC 2006 2.2
    ABC 2007 2.0
    ABC 2008 2.2
    ABC 2009 2.3
    ABC 2010 2.3
    ABC 2011 3.0
    ABC 2012 3.3
    ABC 2013 2.9
    ABC 2014 2.3
    ABC 2015 2.2

As stated before no one really cares anymore and the product that the NBA is selling is not what is was in the past (the ratings prove that country agrees with me).

Now we all know you are a LBJ lover but he could not carry MJ's jock!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/the-2015-finals-are-posting-the-nba-s-best-ratings-since-michael-jordan-232911552.html
    And for someone does not care you sure have posted a lot about it.
    :)

Well when you know someone that dose not know what they are talking about its really easy to prove a point. :blowkiss

You wanted to talk about this sending P/M's to lure me out and all so I played and proved my point once again!

Here is your link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings

Hey man, I just call them like I see them! You can learn a lot from us Old Guys if you would just listen!!!!
    Under review.
    Under review.

As I stated many time not here to argue but just wanted to clear up a perceived notion that the NBA is in a clear decline!

I am out, we going to the Bahamas to fish!! :fishing

Have a good one! :beer
    Here my que... I posted 3 different sources that 100% contradict you what posted.
    Do you have any other sources?
    Fly Hooker wrote: »
    As I stated many time not here to argue but just wanted to clear up a perceived notion that the NBA is in a clear decline!

I am out, we going to the Bahamas to fish!! :fishing

Have a good one! :beer

I know... I am kicking myself for not going.
    Are you on mongos boat?