Which Bay Boat to restore?

Snapper SlapperSnapper Slapper Posts: 118 Officer
If you had to choose an 80's/90's CC Bay Boat Hull (Inshore and a few miles off on good days) to restore which would it be? As much as I would love to be able to drop 20k and be ready to hit the water that is simply not feasible at this point. I do however have a 150 outboard that is looking for something to go on and I would like to find an older hull that is good for in and offshore (few miles). Dont mind if it needs work as my goal is to hit the water(gulf) next summer. Have heard the aquasport and makos are good but would like to see what some of you guys think as well. Would like to keep hull purchase below $5000. I am a simple man with simple needs, so bells and whistles are not a concern. Thanks guys!

Replies

• DogDocDogDoc Posts: 686 Officer
    My answer will be different from most, because Sea Pro, though popular in some areas, is not considered a high-end hull. BUT....
    The layout is excellent on the late 90's-early 2000's, (even better on the 2004), and since these models are a bit under the radar, they can picked up at a relative bargain...I think you could easily stay under 5K.
    We have fished out of a 2003 SVCC2100 since it was new, and pole it on the flats and catch dolphin offshore. Versatile and solid.
  • Snapper SlapperSnapper Slapper Posts: 118 Officer
    DogDoc wrote: »
    My answer will be different from most, because Sea Pro, though popular, is not considered a high-end hull. BUT....
    The layout is excellent on the late 90's-early 2000's, (even better on the 2004), and since these models are a bit under the radar, they can picked up at a relative bargain...I think you could easily stay under 5K.
    We have fished out of a 2003 SVCC2100 since it was new, and pole it on the flats and catch dolphin offshore. Versatile and solid.

Those are nice looking boats! Love the deck up front for when in the Bay. I see some that come with 115's, I would imagine that is the low end of enough power for these. What you have on yours? Thanks for the input!
  • DogDocDogDoc Posts: 686 Officer
    It came rigged with a 140 Johnson...after 10 years we repowered with a 150 yamaha.
    If I'm not mistaken, the 115's came with the 17 or 19 foot model.