Gulf Lousy Offshore Sea Conditions ARS

With the start to ARS season just days away, the sea conditions in the Gulf have been nasty for over a week now.

Forecasts for the coming week does not look any better. Just wondering if our area will get the shaft again this year?

With us having to run so far offshore to even find ARS, will we even get a shot at our portion of this year's quota, if the seas do not calm down?

Replies

• Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 962 Officer
    Yea and if they're calling for 2-4 it really means 4-6
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,734 Admiral
    Tried to go out in the am and it was easily 4'+, later in the afternoon it died down but I had already turned around and came back in and didn't want to do it again.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Champ02Champ02 Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    I guess we are stuck in a weird weather pattern right now. This is also probably to blame for this mini drought in N. FL, and flooding in Texas. I've always remembered June to be a relatively calmer month for the seas in the Gulf. No fun trying to run or fish in 3ft+ seas.
  • bonebone Posts: 1,139 Officer
    Typical may weather. Dry with east winds. Summer pattern starts around June 10th.
    bone wrote: »
    Typical may weather. Dry with east winds. Summer pattern starts around June 10th.

My memory gets worse each passing season, when it comes to remembering how the weather should be for this time of the year. :wink
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,273 AG
    bone wrote: »

This^^, I always despised grouper fishing in May with the SE night winds, made for a miserable nights sleep and a rough day until around early afternoon.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    This^^, I always despised grouper fishing in May with the SE night winds, made for a miserable nights sleep and a rough day until around early afternoon.

I will keep my fingers crossed that the seas lay down for a day or two during our lengthy ARS season..:crossed