Does anyone know...............

...........what happened to the swfkaa website? :shrug
2014 Hobie PA14-Dune

Replies

• 1simplemann1simplemann Posts: 200 Deckhand
    Dave, I was just going to post the same question? I was afraid this was going to happen.
  • yaker8872yaker8872 Posts: 64 Deckhand
    A short time back the President said he needed to step down and then changed his mind but was looking for help to keep it going. Not sure what was ever worked out with maintaining the site and facebook page. There was some talk of using some tournament funds to keep the page going. I hope the site comes back up again.

Just checked the facebook page, there was an update 12 hours ago. the site should be up and running soon.
    yaker8872 wrote: »
    A short time back the President said he needed to step down and then changed his mind but was looking for help to keep it going. Not sure what was ever worked out with maintaining the site and facebook page. There was some talk of using some tournament funds to keep the page going. I hope the site comes back up again.

Just checked the facebook page, there was an update 12 hours ago. the site should be up and running soon.
    That's good to know. I really enjoy that site. Lot's of local knowledge.
  • crackedconchcrackedconch Posts: 373 Deckhand
    Jeff, the president, said on Facebook yesterday that there was some problem with the site and that it would be up and running soon. Yes, he was considering giving up the post and several people offered to jump in and help. It's still going strong, just some web issues.

Mike
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!

Pioneer 197 Sportfish
    Suzuki DF150
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 537 Officer
    I saw the update message on Facebook. Its a great site. Thanks guys.
    2014 Hobie PA14-Dune
    Now when I type in SWFKAA I get a Go Daddy page. ????
  • krashkrash Posts: 593 Officer
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 537 Officer
    Still nothing as of last night!!
    2014 Hobie PA14-Dune
  • GabberyakGabberyak Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Hey, I just wanted to update everyone what is going on with swfkaa, we have been trying to get everything switched over with go daddy. The site will be back up hopefully on Monday. The site is just getting switched over into my account and it has been a hassle with the transfer. Rest assured it is not going away and has been paid uo for 5 years. Just waiting on the transfer to be official and everything will be back up and running like usual. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope to see ya back on the forum. Jeff G
    Great to hear.
    Any updates? Is this great site gone forever?
  • crackedconchcrackedconch Posts: 373 Deckhand
    The site is back up, but the forum is still down.

Mike
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!

Pioneer 197 Sportfish
    Suzuki DF150
    Forum is up now too.