Skip to main content
Home Conservation Forums

$ to reprint license

buddy201buddy201 Posts: 24 Greenhorn
Is there a rational justification for FWC to charge (1) a "handling fee" when the license delivery option chosen is "print from home"; and (2) a reprint fee if a license is printed from home a subsequent time.

The money isn't an issue, but unless there is a valid reason for these charges I think the rules about printing and reprinting should be changed.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Roc N RolRoc N Rol Posts: 1,352 Officer
    Cost money to maintain a web site and part of the charge it to recover $ lost to credit card company charge, if you print it why just not copy it as many times as you want for the price of a sheet of paper. Go to Walmart and get it for a $1 charge instead of $2 and get it printed out on waterproof paper. You can then make as many copies as you like also
  • lifegoesonlifegoeson Posts: 338 Deckhand
    I always save a copy to my lab top when ordering my license. Then I make a couple copies and put them in the boat and truck, and my wallet so even if I lose my wallet it's there.
  • flattitudeflattitude Posts: 536 Officer
    Print it as a pdf file and save on the computer. Reprint them at will. I probably have 4-5 copies laying around. Gold sportsman license so they are in my fishing and hunting gear.
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,395 Officer
    You guys are going to ruin this forum if you keep coming up with common sense solutions!!! :grin
  • Lead slingerLead slinger Posts: 449 Officer
    Or just the app.

Screenshot the heifer and print til you run out of paper.
  • buddy201buddy201 Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Fish_stix, this forum isn't about solutions or common sense. Maybe it should be about reading comprehension though. Roc n Rol offered an answer to the question I asked. He noted that the handling fee's purpose may be to cover credit card costs. That answer is rational. I don't know if I can type any more clearly, but I will try. What rational reason is there to charge a reprinting fee? Do you understand the question? I don't care about circumventing the fee; I don't need to reprint my license, nor do I mind spending money to reprint my license. But I am curious about whether there is a rational reason for the reprint fee beyond punitive revenue generation.
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,395 Officer
    Having been a business owner for the last 35 years I understand the question perfectly! Anything an employee does costs money, even if it's just looking up your permit and processing a new copy. If you come to me and ask for a copy of one single page of your house plans that you lost you will get charged for the sheet of materials plus the time that my employee uses on your little project plus a overhead/profit margin. BTW, having 2 engineering degrees attained before the current computer age, I'm well versed in reading comprehension! :wink
  • buddy201buddy201 Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Your point makes perfect sense, if it takes a FWC employee to access a .pdf version of a license. But if you log into your MyFWC account to reprint your license, no employee time or energy is used.
  • Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,921 Admiral
    Buy a lifetime license! Money is invested and the principle never get used, only the interest, its a donation to the environment that lasts forever!
  • snapperwhippersnapperwhipper Posts: 131 Deckhand
    Here is a good solution just get OLD like me and you don't need no fishing license but you do need your drivers license to prove your age
    When all else fails...jiggle that wire:\
  • bmoodybmoody Posts: 1,012 Officer
    There is also a cost to FWC to have the vendor that provides the online license service.