Biscayne Bay Permit

jnrosenthaljnrosenthal Posts: 17 Greenhorn
Got this 27 inch fish today with Capt Joe Gonzalez in Biscayne Bay--now to do it from the yak..solo...

Replies

• westpalmspearowestpalmspearo Posts: 51 Greenhorn
    ****, congrats
    https://www.facebook.com/thesnookcrook

Swamp to Sea Guide Service
    561-503-0848
  • ShadowcastShadowcast Wimauma, FLPosts: 1,051 Officer
    That is awesome! That fish is high on the list for me.
    Capt. Jon Bull
    @shadowcastflyfishing
    Sales Rep - Ankona Boats, Salt Marsh Skiffs, Tavernier Skiff Company
  • tarponhuntertarponhunter Posts: 305 Deckhand
    Nice job! Where did you get him?
  • JoeBCJoeBC Posts: 608 Officer
    Congrats!!! Can't wait to get mine!
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Well done & thanks for sharing. Fly used??? Please
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • jnrosenthaljnrosenthal Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Thanks, guys--we had three in the boat--joe hooked two for my friend on spin with a live crab-and my friend who has never been on the flats in his 70+ years did a yeoman's job of reeling them in-the first was 20 inches, the second a beast at 30 inches--and joe hooked him while i was fighting my fish-so we had a choreographed Chinese fire drill that turned out well--3 permit tagged and released. We probably saw 50 permit during the day-i would say i was 1 for six on do-able fish-but the wind, my casting and the fish's general perverseness only allowed for my one hookup--that said it took 3 casts, 2 decent and one exactly where i wanted it to get him hooked--he bumped the fly each of the first two casts-hard-but didnt hook up--head butts it seemed like--he ate on the third cast with a spectacular just below the surface explosion on my first strip
    the location was mid bay north of boca chita, but not by much-the fly was a white merkin between dime and quarter size with rubber legs and one(on purpose) red claw hanging down and lead eyes--one I have not seen before
  • tarponhuntertarponhunter Posts: 305 Deckhand
    Thanks man, sounds like you guys had a good day. Still want to get my first perm.
  • redjimredjim Posts: 774 Officer
    Wow, super nice fish!
  • PNWGatorPNWGator Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Beautiful fish, congratulations. Definitely get after them in the kayak! The permit, bones and redfish are there!