Home Conservation Forums

Reduction in Fishing License fee when turning 64

FlashFlash Posts: 11,742 AG
Someone was telling me about this today. Is this true and is this only for the Freshwater license?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Replies

  • lifegoesonlifegoeson Posts: 338 Deckhand
    65 is considered a senior, not 64 and it's no longer needed not a reduction in price. A link below to FWC

    http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/do-i-need-a-license/

    However I see their is something called a resident 64 license for freshwater and hunting, maybe this is what your talking about, might want to call FWC for more info on that.

    http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/freshwater-fishing/
  • stokesstokes Posts: 324 Deckhand
    Flash wrote: »
    Someone was telling me about this today. Is this true and is this only for the Freshwater license?

    Did the convo go something like this?

    "We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. And when you turn sixty-four you can save a bee on your fishing license... Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... "

    :grin
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,742 AG
    lifegoeson wrote: »
    65 is considered a senior, not 64 and it's no longer needed not a reduction in price. A link below to FWC

    http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/do-i-need-a-license/

    However I see their is something called a resident 64 license for freshwater and hunting, maybe this is what your talking about, might want to call FWC for more info on that.

    http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/freshwater-fishing/

    That appears to be it, but I thought he was talking saltwater also. Oh well, going to have to wait till its free, although I have been thinking of some freshwater fishing at times. Don't really do all that other stuff but he does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,742 AG
    It's also nice to be able to delete moronic answers. :wink
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,921 Admiral
    stokes wrote: »
    Did the convo go something like this?

    "We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. And when you turn sixty-four you can save a bee on your fishing license... Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... "

    :grin

    Guess you just harvested that weed crop?
  • stokesstokes Posts: 324 Deckhand
    Flash wrote: »
    It's also nice to be able to delete moronic answers. :wink

    So you're judge and jury as to what is moronic? I'm thinking that somebody somewhere would have enjoyed my insightful, intelligible, and humorous post. At least you didn't delete my account. :wink
  • stokesstokes Posts: 324 Deckhand
    Guess you just harvested that weed crop?

    That's from a great episode of the Simpsons. Go dredge some mangroves, ya goof :blowkiss
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Digital Now Included!

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

Preview This Month's Issue

Buy Digital Single Issues

Don't miss an issue.
Buy single digital issue for your phone or tablet.

Buy Single Digital Issue on the Florida Sportsman App

Other Magazines

See All Other Magazines

Special Interest Magazines

See All Special Interest Magazines

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Florida Sportsman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement

Phone Icon

Get Digital Access.

All Florida Sportsman subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets.

To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine.

Get Digital Access

Not a Subscriber?
Subscribe Now