Windy Way Back Reds 5/4

BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,727 Captain
Duane and I decided to slip out for a few hours before high tide. We took Crusty since my "new" boat has her motor disassembled as I'm putting on electric start.

It was windy. Even in the creeks it was a chore to have any kind of boat control but we stuck it out for a few hours. Tide was rushing in heavy and flooded a bunch of areas we usually fish. We had to change up a bit but it all worked out.

Duane decided to catch all the fish but he was kind enough to let me catch one nice red and another small red that had my personal best of 14 spots. I was going to take a picture but somehow that got messed up as we had a double on when I caught it. Small area, two reds in heavy current, you get the drift.

Nice day except for the wind. Final count was eight keeper reds for Duane and two for me. We kept three to eat as we haven't kept any lately and we both wanted fish for dinner. Fish were caught on soft jerk baits and a gold spinner...Redfish Magic type lure. Duane is deadly when he uses it. Great day on the water with my good buddy Duane and as usual we didn't see another boat all day except in the river.

A couple of pictures to prove we caught fish and the obligatory cooler shot.

Bill
"And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."

Replies