CR Snookin'

With Art shows over till fall, I can concentrate on various projects needing done around the house, but more importantly FISHIN'!! Had 3 short trips with similar results.
4/23- Went out for a very short quest to try to catch a Snook that kicked my butt twice, straightening a big treble hook and shaking off another time. But he did not learn and third time was a charm for me, although this was probably the craziest fish I've ever caught. 34"
4/28- Went out with my wife in the afternoon to catch the falling tide. We worked pretty hard for not that many bites, but I got 28" & 32" Snook and Maureen lost a monstr Jack after a 10min battle.
4/30 Went out this morning by myself to one of my favorite places and worked hard for a 27" Snook, some Jacks and a nice Mangrove Snapper. Then went to an area I have never fished before. Wind was up and water was crazy, but I hooked another Snook that was on Steroids. Jumped 6 times and resisted going into my undersize net. A real 34" fatty! Can't wait to go back there in calmer conditions!
Added bonuses were the family of Otters we saw frolicking up close, Bald Eagles sitting on bars and a great Dolphin show! All fish released to brighten someone's day in the future. Conserve our Snook.

Replies

• Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 370 Deckhand
    Nice Ted! You've got to share the secret mouth pose for snook man. At least that's what I was told as a kid, "you're not holding your mouth right" :rotflmao Keep on snookin man!
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,236 Officer
    My dad always said the same thing. I don't know how I hold it when I'm fishing, but here's how I hold it when I don't catch anything.
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Keep em coming.....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • CrabtrapCrabtrap Posts: 210 Deckhand
    No need for that mouth pose. There are big 'ole toothy grins in the fist photos...and I can see why! Thanks for ther post.
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Snook bite has been really good this week for sure. Cool pics and report.
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 848 Officer
    Great fish indeed. :hail:hail
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,784 Captain
    Well Ted, You sure have the "Happy" Snook catchin face down pat!! I on the otherhand probably have the other "non-snook-catchin face" perfected!!! Those are sure some fine healthy looking Snukez Yer catchin!!! They are BEAUTIFUL specimenz fer sure!!! I along w/ many others are so glad that You let all of them go back healthy and a little more educated about topwater baitz
    w/ lotz of hookz on them!!! Those girlz won't near as purdy after they spawn this Summer but they sure get hungry after making lotz of baby snukelingz!!! Happy Snukin Old Friend and keep the postz comin> If I can't catch em, I'm glad You are!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 468 Deckhand
    Nice! That's a bunch of big snukes!
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,236 Officer
    Check out my Snook info on General Fishing section.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    All your Snook are Giants HT !