Home General Freshwater Fishing

4/26 Blue Tilapia Report

Caught with bread balls and floating bread at a small lake where people feed bread to the fish. 25 minutes before sunset.
bill-dance-motor-o.gif1314011917_bill_dance_fishing_blooper.gifsMozlUn.gif

Replies

• RemoteRedsTroutRemoteRedsTrout Posts: 408 Deckhand
    " Non-native fish are those that do not occur in Florida naturally; most should be harvested and never released. Exceptions are peacock bass, which is a game fish, and triploid grass carp, which are stocked for vegetation control." http://www.eregulations.com/florida/fishing/freshwater/florida-freshwater-fish/
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    Nice catch!

Blue Tilapia sure do enjoy life in Florida! I wish the Bok Tower would allow fishing for them. They have a bunch of them that hang around one of the feeders that costs a quarter!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,176 Moderator
    Catch all you can. Maybe a fly that looks like bread on a flyrod..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    Great Catchin Red glad to see your fishin an Postin again
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
    Austins26 wrote: »
    Great Catchin Red glad to see your fishin an Postin again

Thanks Austins!!! I've been fishing but its been on my buddy's new boat when I have the time. It doesn't help that my 2 favorite ponds are now chocked full of algae, can't hardly cast a line arrrrg
    Thanks Austins!!! I've been fishing but its been on my buddy's new boat when I have the time. It doesn't help that my 2 favorite ponds are now chocked full of algae, can't hardly cast a line arrrrg
    A friendly resident at one of the ponds said they had a huge fish kill, tons of big dead bass floating
    A friendly resident at one of the ponds said they had a huge fish kill, tons of big dead bass floating

And I hate to say it, but that has happened at 3 very good lakes/ponds in the past--one was the pond I first started seriously bass fishing at and it was an excellent pond IMHO. I witnessed one of the fish kills and heard about the others from a friend and a resident, I haven't pulled or seen a fish off a bed in 2 years at a pond I've got a couple 35-36lb 5 fish stringers at during the spawn--unbelievable amounts of 4-6+lb blue tilapia blue tilapia beds every inch, chocked full of algae, and reported fish kill...sorry to be a negative nancy, gotta keep searchin' and hoppin' especially around here in suburbia.