Bite picked up 4/25/15 !!!! (Sails, Kings, Fins, LARGE Hammer)

Got booked to fish a 34' SeaVee this AMN out of NPB for small local church tourney.

Winds SE about 12-15 MPH current RIPPING to the North at 3.5 knots and nice blue water in tight
Flying fish everywhere set up and put out the buffet.

Oliver hooked a decent dolphin and a bigger fish came in to follow!!
Oliver hooked, fought and gaffed his own fish w 3 broken fingers!!!

Started bumping out and I yelled out, BILLFISH on left short!!!
Left short is tight on sail and now Left long kite rod is screaming and we catch a double header sail!!
One fish almost jumped IN the bow on the 34'!! I swear 6' or less from jumping in!!

Next up we got SMOKED on the deep bait on braid and broke him off after 300 yard run.
Reset and had a live sardine get smoked on spin (17.7 king in the box)
Had some more king bites (15-25lbs) and then LOST a true SMOKER (40+++) that ate dine on short kite, charged the boat, and somehow bit us off above wire trace when he got some belly in the line!!!! :bang head

Next up Jennifer is tight on deep bait and it's BIG (REEL BIG)
She Fought it (like a champ)for 30 minutes and team was hoping for SLOB CITY!!
Fish pops up and RUH ROH, it's an 8' Hammerhead ... waaah waaah but kids were VERY excited to see JAWS!
(easily 200++lbs)

Miss another 2 kings bites, Reset and COVERED UP in dolphin!!
We put 5 FINS in the boat and lost about that many!
The kids had a blast and we lost a TON of fish but to see the enthusiasm and competition was great.
Weighed some fish at scales, but there was already a 50+ king on board and our fins were just schoolies to small gaffers.

ALL in all VERY fiun day w more bites than I've see in weeks
Hope it is a harbinger of better fishing to come!!
Birds having Dolphin Franchaise!!
PEACE AND LOVE TO U AND YOUR'S! (was too busy for pics but snapped just a couple)
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies