Snook

Hey,

Anybody know the longest snook ever caught? I keep seeing the record weight of snook, but I am having trouble finding the record length.

Thanks,

Michael

Replies

• NoreastSalt3295NoreastSalt3295 Posts: 602 Officer
    Believe it was 48 or 50"... I know of 52" snook being caught however that just wasnt as thick.
  • limitlesslimitless Posts: 658 Officer
    The current IGFA All-Tackle Length World Record for Atlantic Snook is 41.7323" (106 cm). Set 7/29/14 by George Copeland Palm Beach.

It wont last long; but all IGFA rules are in effect for length record submissions.

The Snook & Gamefish Foundation is now the Angler Action Program: http://angleractionfoundation.com/  Dedicated to Conservation and Education.  Please check us out.

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone

• brianbbrianb Posts: 2,389 Captain
    Just a friendly reminder that you can Google anything. The answer to this question is the number one result when you google "igfa record snook." I thought it would be longer myself. I know they are commonly caught that size and bigger.
  • uglyboat13uglyboat13 Posts: 39 Deckhand
    My personal longest was 51".... Just sayin.
  • summer dazesummer daze Posts: 883 Officer
    limitless wrote: »
    The current IGFA All-Tackle Length World Record for Atlantic Snook is 41.7323" (106 cm). Set 7/29/14 by George Copeland Palm Beach.

It wont last long; but all IGFA rules are in effect for length record submissions.

Do you have to use the "official" IGFA measuring tape, because I've caught bigger than 41" multiple times and seen reports and pictures on this forum bigger than 41". Interesting.
    jgocnk.jpg
    Tight Lines..
  • limitlesslimitless Posts: 658 Officer
    Do you have to use the "official" IGFA measuring tape, because I've caught bigger than 41" multiple times and seen reports and pictures on this forum bigger than 41". Interesting.

You do have to use the "Official IGFA World Record Measuring Device", available online from IGFA.org Seems a bit much at $49, but I guess they have to have some way to control accuracy. Also, all the other Record rules are in effect, like double line and leader length, etc.

The Snook & Gamefish Foundation is now the Angler Action Program: http://angleractionfoundation.com/  Dedicated to Conservation and Education.  Please check us out.

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone