Waccasassa Channel Markers replacement bids

Finally I believe they are going to replace the channel markers in Waccasassa Bay. That great news for me because without my GPS unit I would have trouble getting back in. I have trouble picking the small markers up against the shoreline. They are to small, to far apart, several are missing, one is on a bar and you have to go out 20 feet away from it to get safely by at low tide. Great news.

http://www.floridabids.net/bid-opportunities/2015/04/17/6261251-Waccasassa-Bay-Channel-Markers-Replacement.html

Replies

• Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,923 Captain
    Marker 27 makes me laugh. If you cut close to it you're running aground. Still it kinda keeps people away and one of my favorite parts about that place is that it's secluded. It also keeps big boats out and honestly they have no business being up in there anyway unless they really know what they're doing.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,929 Moderator
    It needs to be done. Not a good area to guess.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,923 Captain
    That's for sure. Then again even the river channel isn't a safe bet even if it were marked!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    That's good news. I really love that river...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Jim311 wrote: »
    Marker 27 makes me laugh. If you cut close to it you're running aground. Still it kinda keeps people away and one of my favorite parts about that place is that it's secluded. It also keeps big boats out and honestly they have no business being up in there anyway unless they really know what they're doing.

Right on Jim, long overdue no doubt!