Anyone have an extra seat open 4/25-4/27

Was supposed to go to Atlanta this weekend for a racing event, but SWMBO got a phone call Monday that wanted her in WV 4/27 for a job interview. Sooooooo I get to play bachelor all weekend here to take care of the kids(dogs). Figured I would make the best of it and get some more fishing in before she drags me off the land of sweet water streams and lakes, I NEED to hook something that can put a serious bend in a rod.

Looked at renting a Jon boat in CR and would rather not spend that with her traveling, so I thought I would ask if anyone had a space open. More than willing to pitch in for gas and bait, and would rather have some company though anyone that has fished with me knows I'm fairly silent while actually fishing. (I've had my phone scare the crap out of me before) Weather looks good for Saturday. Sunday and Monday look like they could be a little rough. Not afraid of a little bit of rain. I've mainly fished inshore, and usually between CR and Suwannee. Been known to make the drive to Stienhatchee and Horseshoe as well, so just about anywhere on this side of the Big Bend. If all else fails I'll check with a friend to see if I can just borrow a yak.

Replies

• Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,772 Captain
    Gene> Need to get a part for my outboard before I can take you! If I can get one locally tomorrow I'll let you know ASAP and it will be a plan! If you get another offer before I get back to you, by all means go for it!! I really don't like boating on weekends anyway> I'm not a snob it's just Retirement will spoil you like that!!!
    So I'll let you know tomorrow> You know we've been trying to get a trip together for a while now and we need to get out there before Ted and Marrio gives all the snook around these parts sore mouths!!!
    Wish me luck!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 370 Deckhand
    Yeah....well some of us working stiffs have to put the hours in 9-5, though I'm seriously debating taking Monday off as well, maybe Tuesday. Just depends on how long mom is out of town. :grin
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,891 Captain
    Wish I could man, but I'm taking Doc out if the weather holds.
    No worries Jim, I need to message you sometime soon about some more gheenoe info. (So heads up, it's coming soon!) Good luck to you guys! Looks like the weather report is changing for the better every time I look at it.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,772 Captain
    OK> Got it (the part fer my outboard) so are we on fer Sat Kid??? Rub-a-dub-dub> Two fat gize in my old Tub???
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
    Rub-a-dub-dub> Two fat gize in my old Tub???

ok.... That right there makes me worry..... :hairraiser

Maybe I worry to much, :driver: let's go get em! Hit it early and be out of there before the crowd hits. Makes me feel like a kid being left home for the weekend, by myself. No curfews for this guy!