Home General Fishing

Help me with Snook at night

Snookman77Snookman77 Posts: 1,099 Officer
How should I go about fishing for Snook, at inlets, with lures, at night?

Any tactics or specifics lures will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• Inshore OnlyInshore Only Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    Flair Hawks bounced on the bottom.
    Redfish 10'
  • Cat173Cat173 Posts: 106 Officer
    Well "Snookman77"...I think a name change would be a good starting place..:huh.Next where are you fishing? North , South, East, West...In my area, south east, I have success using DOA terror eyes, rootbeer color, pitching docks and bridges during the day, first hour of incoming and last two of outgoing. Night time hit same area with DOA shrimp. That works for me in my area.
  • Cat173Cat173 Posts: 106 Officer
    Check out the latest reel Time episode...just what you are looking for.
  • Snookman77Snookman77 Posts: 1,099 Officer
    I went out tonight, throwing a 5 inch Storm swim shad, with no luck.

I am fishing the Jupiter inlet.
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,190 Admiral
    Just need to get deeper and sacrifice a few more jigs. Find the bottom.
  • Snookman77Snookman77 Posts: 1,099 Officer
    I'll try the first light jigs tomorrow night and report back. That Reel time episode was great!
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    :rotflmao

Cat173 wrote: »
    Well "Snookman77"...I think a name change would be a good starting place..:huh.Next where are you fishing? North , South, East, West...In my area, south east, I have success using DOA terror eyes, rootbeer color, pitching docks and bridges during the day, first hour of incoming and last two of outgoing. Night time hit same area with DOA shrimp. That works for me in my area.
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Split Shot wrote: »
    Just need to get deeper and sacrifice a few more jigs. Find the bottom.

"Snookman"...

Listen to "Split Shot"....and you'll catch some fish.....
  • gettinwetgettinwet Posts: 1,366 Officer
    I like 5 or 6 inch (match the mullet) charcoal/smoke colored solid body paddletails on a jig head big enough to bounce it off the bottom (prefer strike king) and stay in contact with the lure. I like to work it cross current at an angle or down current in a sweeping fan. With the paddle tail you can just swim it (steady slow retrieve), bounce it off the rocks, or pop the jig with tip of the rod/snap of the wrist - lower the rod tip - reel up the slack - repeat. If you're not losing a lot of jigs you're not fishing deep or slow enough. Most strikes occur as you are reeling up the slack and the jig is falling. When swimming it they usually just slam the bait - which never fails to surprise me. The fish will always be facing into the current - behind some sort of break - where food is brought to them - and won't move far.
    There are only so many casts in life, so shut up and fish!!
  • gettinwetgettinwet Posts: 1,366 Officer
    BTW - I actually prefer lighted docks especially those with a couple of trawlers that haven't moved from their slip in awhile and bridges at night to inlets. Any dock/bridge with current/light will hold at least a few fish. And it is easy to find spots at night....just follow the lights. My favorite spot was the stretch of river south of Wabasso all the way down to Ft. Pierce. My must go to every time I went spot was this one old falling down dock that went out about twenty feet then was parallel to shore about another fifty feet with and old boat house on the eastern shore at the south end of the jungle trail. You had to use light tackle to work it - and this was before braid - so you lost more battles then you won - but I caught some huge linesiders off that dock. I sure miss snook fishing.
    There are only so many casts in life, so shut up and fish!!