Crystal River 4-18

Had a pretty slow day on the water. Fished hard with no keepers to show for it. Wife made up for it by landing this monster 42" snook. Made my day seeing her battle that sucker. Not bad for her first snook.

Replies

• HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,226 Officer
    Wow! Awesome Snook. I am trying to break that 40" mark.
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    Congrats on her first Snook, that is one awesome fish....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Landlocked_Landlocked_ Posts: 590 Officer
    That's a beast for her first, way to go!!!
  • WindsplitterWindsplitter Posts: 614 Officer
    Wow! That's Huge, what a fight that must have been. My biggest is a 38" so far.
  • Red TideRed Tide Posts: 49 Greenhorn
    It was one hell of a fight. We were fishing for reds. She caught it on a light weight rod with 12lb test and a 20lb mono leader. Luckily the fish didn't know it was hooked at first and went out into the bay rather than back into the mangroves before it realized it was hooked. Once it realized it was hooked all hell broke loose and almost spooled her before I could give chase. Epic fight for sure. I still can't believe we landed it, so I had to brag for her. I still don't think she realizes how awesome that catch is. I'm so jealous.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,121 AG
    Very nice. Only 33 1/2 inches for me and that was a loooooooooong time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 468 Deckhand
    Wow that's an awesome fish. A true giant.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    Look at the girth at the tail ! That is a whopper , nice going.

I would have been VERY nervous .
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,882 Captain
    Wow, that's a trophy for sure! Fish like that could make me give up Cobia fishing. Well,maybe for a little while. Congrats Mrs. Red Tide, you have a true beast. Congrats Mr. Red Tide, sounds like you had an excellent Captain's job to land that fish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Well done, that's a good start to snook fishing. 32" was my best. You handled that well to land him on 12 lb. line.
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    That's a good one Greg. She's ruined for life now. Good job.