Upper Tampa Bay 4/18/15

I took my Grandmother, Mom & son out for a short trip in upper Tampa Bay yesterday, so we had 4 generations on the boat. The plan was to target reds & possibly snook. Luke (my son) ended up putting on a clinic for the rest of us.

He started with a 23.5" redfish. While I was taking pics of that, my rod bent over in the rodholder and I was hooked into a big snook! Unfortunately, she broke me off. Another one bit a little later, and I got her close to the boat. This one looked smaller - possibly a slot fish, but once again my 20# leader broke. This time, just outside the range of the landing net.

Then Luke hooked into one and showed me how to do it. After a few drag burning runs and masterful performance steering her out of the mangroves, he brought a beautiful 37" snook to the boat for a photo!

After that, he had to try for a trout, so we ran to an area that usually holds them. Within 5 minutes, he was hooked up with a 17.5" trout. The old ladies were getting tired, so we headed to the ramp right after he caught it.

Tally for the day:
Great-Grandma Ruth: 0
Grandma Linda: 0
Bryan: two needlefish
Luke: 23.5" redfish, 37" snook and 17.5" trout (plus a needlefish)

Here are the pics:

photo1_zpsuwfe6vol.jpg
Grandma, Great-Grandma, and Luke w/ redfish

photo%203_zpsrbytzkbk.jpg

photo%2021_zpsm86yxywy.jpg
Big snook

photo%2012_zpscllmzpyp.jpg
And the trout, to close out the slam

Replies

• Bassin AssassinBassin Assassin Posts: 1,261 Officer
    Luke killed it. Nice!
    Improve Our Fishery - Practice Catch and Release
  • LilcthefishslayerLilcthefishslayer Posts: 611 Officer
    Sweet!!! Been seeing and hearing about a lot of big snook caught recently.
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,019 Moderator
    A special trip, indeed. WTG Luke and the Capt. for puttin'em on the fish.
  • LB200LB200 Posts: 298 Officer
    Not only is Luke sporting a killer hair do he can fish too! Nice job taking the family out.
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 680 Officer
    That's one nice slam. Sweet!!
  • jimmy77jimmy77 Posts: 1,690 Captain
    What a great trip. Wish I could of gone fishing with my grandmother and great grandmother at least once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LilcthefishslayerLilcthefishslayer Posts: 611 Officer
    Front page!! WTG