Home Politics

Is Christianity Done?

1111213141517»

Replies

  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,657 AG
    Stoning homosexuals will not save their lives. Those people are sociopaths who can get away with their religious radicalization there but thankfully not here. Which they would if provided the opportunity.

    The sad part is, Mel would endorse them and their radicalization. he complains about Christians being persecuted, but endorses killing people becasue they are homosexuals.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    "Your obsession with arguing really" relies on BS & dismissing universally shared meanings... "that is all you do". You can't even honestly follow what's written here. You can't substitute "Everything in the universe functions to a cyclical beat" WITH "The cycle is the rise and fall of subsequent empires following similar patterns".

    The common meaning of cyclical applies only to things that are known for "reappearing" in uniform "patterns" over & over again. If a phenomena doesn't repeatedly reappear, on a regular basis, it can never establish a pattern that might even be followed. The reappearing of the same phenomena, in a specific pattern, over a regular period of time, is fundamental to the meaning of both cyclical & beat.
    The MelMan wrote: »
    The cycle is the rise and fall of subsequent empires following similar patterns...........not reappearing. Your obsession with arguing really makes many dismiss you even when you have a point, just because that is all you do. Lighten up.........

    Unique events, that are "not reappearing" ever again, are not cyclical. To become a cycle a phenomena must come full circle & repeat itself "following similar patterns" - not morph into something entirely different, at any old time & any old place. The history of life on Earth, what is known of the universe & time itself appear to be linear & NOT functioning "to a cyclical beat".

    Get serious.........
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    "The sad part is, Mel would ESPECIALLY endorse" stoning sinners to death.
    cadman wrote: »
    The sad part is, Mel would endorse them and their radicalization. he complains about Christians being persecuted, but endorses killing people becasue they are homosexuals.

    Mel could quote his Old Testament mythology in an attempt to rationalize vigilante murder.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,657 AG
    The MelMan wrote: »
    Maybe it will save the lives of a lot of young men via peer group pressure,

    Would peer pressure have stopped you from marrying your wife?

    Mini Mart Magnate

    This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Stoning homosexuals will not save their lives. Those people are sociopaths who can get away with their religious radicalization there but thankfully not here. Which they would if provided the opportunity.

    The evangelists in the article are fools, but none of them advocated harming gays. They stated they were against the Ugandans' failed bill.
    The journalist does attempt to get the reader to associate the Ugandan missionaries with people who actually do stone homosexuals to death by mentioning N. Nigeria and other Muslim areas where it occurs.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Christianity certainly has no shortage of Stone To Death stories.

    God said if you work on the sabbath the faithful must stone you to death.

    http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/stoning.html
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Christianity certainly has no shortage of Stone To Death stories.

    God said if you work on the sabbath the faithful must stone you to death.

    http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/stoning.html

    Closely aligned with the laws of the time and applied equally to all members of society.

    Proof-texting is fun.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    "Proof" the ghosts & magic myths are discriminatory, not applicable to our times, obsolete & "DONE" here.
    Closely aligned with the laws of the time and applied equally to all members of society.

    Proof-texting is fun.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    "Proof" the ghosts & magic myths are discriminatory, not applicable to our times, obsolete & "DONE" here.

    You can find proof of anything you want in the bible, and in the behavior of people.

    Careful not to strain out a gnat and swallow a camel.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    The evangelists in the article are fools, but none of them advocated harming gays.

    Developing fear of homosexuality to the point of inciting violence is avocation. Jesus wouldn't do that.

    "fools" is too kind a word.

    http://filmeroopa.com/ads6/1874513
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

    "Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

    "All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Developing fear of homosexuality to the point of inciting violence is avocation. Jesus wouldn't do that.

    "fools" is too kind a word.

    http://filmeroopa.com/ads6/1874513

    Completely agree. If the facts prove they are as hateful and have as much influence on the people of Uganda as the article attempts to portray, they should be banned from missionary work and subject to any laws of the nation they may have broken.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Well...

    If you don't like queers....don't like them because of the way you are....not because you are trying to gain favor with God.

    If you want to kill muslims....do it because they are doing something that you don't like.....not because you think God wants you to.

    Believe in the 10 commandments ....attempt to do what is right.....if you wrong someone...attempt to make it right....

    ....and THEN....and only then.....venture forth and attempt to help others with their journey towards God....
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Maybe "You can find proof of anything you want in the bible".
    You can find proof of anything you want in the bible, and in the behavior of people.

    But objective people NEVER "find proof of" Evolution or a 14.5 billion year old universe with over 200 billion galaxies in it.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Maybe "You can find proof of anything you want in the bible".



    But objective people NEVER "find proof of" Evolution or a 14.5 billion year old universe with over 200 billion galaxies in it.

    I'm not defending the fundies. I've never met an objective atheist either.
    The contributions of Christians to science + understanding of the universe are indisputable.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Completely agree. If the facts prove they are as hateful and have as much influence on the people of Uganda as the article attempts to portray, they should be banned from missionary work and subject to any laws of the nation they may have broken.

    Watch the movie and suspend your automatic defensive mechanism.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

    "Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

    "All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    The sad part is, Mel would endorse them and their radicalization. he complains about Christians being persecuted, but endorses killing people becasue they are homosexuals.

    You are a bald faced liar, cadman. I never endorsed killing anyone and you know it . You are lying to advance your agenda which apparently is to discredit all who disagree with you. Very disappointed in your obvious lies .........you have gotten lazy or else you know your argument is without merit and must resort to personal attacks. I expected more from you..........
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    front part of the book says kill em.
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    I'm not defending the fundies. I've never met an objective atheist either.
    The contributions of Christians to science + understanding of the universe are indisputable.

    Yep, the democracies we see today are the result of a combination of Greek philosophy and Christian theology. Without these most of the world's inhabitants would still be slaves or serfs.........

    The thing about Uganda is there is a battle for the country between Christian and Muslim factions. The plight of homosexuals will be much worse if the country goes under to the Muslims. The country will be best served by a Christian rule that discourages homosexual behavior (thus cutting down on death by HIV) yet admits that God still loves the sinner. There will be no mass killing of homosexuals in Uganda under Christianity, that is simply a foil promoted by the homosexual apologists.
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    greggl wrote: »
    front part of the book says kill em.

    That's why you have to read both parts, "let he that is without sin cast the first stone"
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    If Christianity has to rely on devotees like Mel to survive "Christianity Is Done".
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    The MelMan wrote: »
    That's why you have to read both parts, "let he that is without sin cast the first stone"

    my views are evolving :)

    OT - rules for living amid scarcity
    NT - rules for living amid abundance
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Read both parts, but remember Born Again End Timers toss the OT in the dumpster, while Creationist Fundamentalists always keep a bucket of stones at the ready.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,657 AG
    The MelMan wrote: »
    You are a bald faced liar, cadman. I never endorsed killing anyone and you know it . You are lying to advance your agenda which apparently is to discredit all who disagree with you. Very disappointed in your obvious lies .........you have gotten lazy or else you know your argument is without merit and must resort to personal attacks. I expected more from you..........

    You endorsed the Ugandan plan because "peer pressure" would stop them.

    How many commandments and forum rules you going to break today. I think calling me a liar is against both. You were welcome to correct my misunderstanding of your endorsement of the Ugandan law if I took you post incorrectly.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Schmidty wrote: »
    Well...

    If you don't like queers....don't like them because of the way you are....not because you are trying to gain favor with God.

    If you want to kill muslims....do it because they are doing something that you don't like.....not because you think God wants you to.

    Believe in the 10 commandments ....attempt to do what is right.....if you wrong someone...attempt to make it right....

    ....and THEN....and only then.....venture forth and attempt to help others with their journey towards God....

    Most Christians agree with atheists on one thing: It's possible be a good person without surrendering your mind to a religion.
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    You were welcome to correct my misunderstanding of your endorsement of the Ugandan law if I took you post incorrectly.

    If you had misunderstood I would have corrected you.
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Most Christians agree with atheists on one thing: It's possible be a good person without surrendering your mind to a religion.

    "Jeff"....

    "Christians" you say?.......for the most part Jeff...."Chrisrains" appear to not much different than muslims any more these days...

    I agree that "ALL" good people who attempt to live a good moral life should be able to enter heaven....unfortunately....there are so many "Christians" that don't feel that way...
  • S.S.TupperwareS.S.Tupperware Posts: 1,057 Officer
    Can this make 100?
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,657 AG
    The MelMan wrote: »
    If you had misunderstood I would have corrected you.

    So you endorse a law that says to kill homosexuals?

    I'm real confused at this point. You appear to endorse the Ugandan law due to what you say will be peer pressure, get mad at me for pointing that out, then when I say I must have misunderstood your post, you say I did not.

    That was what you quoted, that Gary linked, was about. Some "Christians" who hate gays inciting the already violent Ugandan government into passing laws to kill gays.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,657 AG
    double post

    Mini Mart Magnate

    This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    So you endorse a law that says to kill homosexuals?

    I'm real confused at this point. You appear to endorse the Ugandan law due to what you say will be peer pressure, get mad at me for pointing that out, then when I say I must have misunderstood your post, you say I did not.

    That was what you quoted, that Gary linked, was about. Some "Christians" who hate gays inciting the already violent Ugandan government into passing laws to kill gays.

    !. The guys that gave the seminar to the Uganda government don't hate gays. For you to assume you know their thoughts and emotions means you believe yourself to be a mind reader, obviously impossible on its face and misleading. One of the guys it says was actually involved in the homosexual lifestyle and left it.

    2. A Christian led government is not going to kill a large number of its people for sinning. They may talk tough but the actual killing will not happen just because Christians don't operate like that. If the Government becomes Muslim then the scenario changes significantly as their teachings are less about forgiveness and more about enforcement.

    3. If there is a general understanding in the country that homosexuality is not OK, fewer young men will participate in homosexual activity just out of peer group pressure. If it is not endorsed on TV and glorified in print as it is here, it will not be considered a practice to be drawn into or experimented with even if you have a leaning in that direction. This peer group pressure will then save a significant number of lives of young men who would have otherwise died of AIDS.

    4. Take a look at the reality of the situation in Africa. It is much more dangerous to be a Christian in Africa than a homosexual...............and yet I don't see you or anyone else in an uproar about all the Christians being killed just for their religious beliefs of love and forgiveness

    ..........and I am a little PO'ed about that
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
Sign In or Register to comment.