Home Politics

Is Christianity Done?

11112141617

Replies

  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    :huh I think it does. If someone has no experience at doing something, they haven't done it. From which they need no absolution.

    But that same absolution does not mean they will not do it; unless you subscribe to the notion that because someone has never done something, they never will.
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    name calling?

    Yep; like liar & self deluder.

    :wink
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    jlh49 wrote: »
    Yep; like liar & self deluder.

    :wink

    so you do converse with aliens?
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    Please, by all means, I'm begging you, impress us by posting quotes/citing links that provide evidence of even garden variety ghosts & magic, that don't completely "lack any verifiable credibility".
    ".

    You know both you and greggl need ghosts and aliens for life to begin on earth as there is no "verifiable evidence" that DNA can form spontaneously .......
    In fact to believe otherwise is believing in magic. No DNA , No life. So what was the deal Fibber, Magic or Panspermia ??

    Or you can just show me where DNA formed spontaneously resulting in a living creature able to reproduce. Lets have the evidence or we will just have to assume you believe in things that can not be proven scientifically , MAGIC I think you call it , right?............or you , like greggl , believe in aliens..............

    WHICH IS IT???
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    "MelMan"...

    Good for you.....nice going! :beer
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    Schmidty wrote: »
    "MelMan"...

    Good for you.....nice going! :beer

    Took me long enough didn't it............:)
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    "MelMan".....

    Nah....I seen you working up to your crescendo of ultimate reason a long time ago.....nice timing...great choice....:rotflmao

    Now you must wait in breathless anticipation for the responses from the ghost/alien factions.......as they will obviously attempt to prove you wrong....by all means "fair or foul"!
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    so you do converse with aliens?

    I wish you luck with your quest to communicate with aliens.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    jlh49 wrote: »
    I wish you luck with your quest to communicate with aliens.

    who are you praying to?
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,554 AG
    The MelMan wrote: »
    You know both you and greggl need ghosts and aliens for life to begin on earth as there is no "verifiable evidence" that DNA can form spontaneously .......
    In fact to believe otherwise is believing in magic. No DNA , No life. So what was the deal Fibber, Magic or Panspermia ??

    Or you can just show me where DNA formed spontaneously resulting in a living creature able to reproduce. Lets have the evidence or we will just have to assume you believe in things that can not be proven scientifically , MAGIC I think you call it , right?............or you , like greggl , believe in aliens..............

    WHICH IS IT???

    Hate to burst your bubble:

    THE latest twist in the origin-of-life tale is double helical. Chemists are close to demonstrating that the building blocks of DNA can form spontaneously from chemicals thought to be present on the primordial Earth. If they succeed, their work would suggest that DNA could have predated the birth of life

    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21528795.500-dna-could-have-existed-long-before-life-itself.html#.VT97H9JVhBc

    Mini Mart Magnate

    This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    who are you praying to?

    With a moderate amount of effort you might be able to determine that for yourself. Good luck!
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    Hate to burst your bubble:

    THE latest twist in the origin-of-life tale is double helical. Chemists are close to demonstrating that the building blocks of DNA can form spontaneously from chemicals thought to be present on the primordial Earth. If they succeed, their work would suggest that DNA could have predated the birth of life

    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21528795.500-dna-could-have-existed-long-before-life-itself.html#.VT97H9JVhBc

    :rolleyes

    Go back and review how DNA codes. You have to have all the nucleotides line up exactly in the right sequence hundreds of times even if the nucleotides did come together spontaneously .............

    After decades of trying, in 2009 researchers finally managed to generate RNA using chemicals that probably existed on the early Earth. Matthew Powner, now at University College London, and his colleagues synthesised two of the four nucleotides that make up RNA. Their achievement suggested that RNA may have formed spontaneously

    :rotflmao

    After trying for decades to make the basic building blocks (not in nature mind you and not spontaneously but in a lab) he now has 2 blocks and is claiming victory........he has not even begun to explain how they lined up perfectly in sets of 3 to code for the enzymes needed to start creating life. Just another pipe dream, waste of research money, refusal to admit defeat.

    Right now, though, there's nothing to tell us exactly how and when life first used DNA. "It almost becomes a choose-your-own-adventure game," says Levy.

    At least they admit they are blowing smoke .............but hey, they got their grant money.

    Anybody want to call this 'verifiable evidence' ?
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    DP
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,554 AG
    The MelMan wrote: »
    :rolleyes

    Go back and review how DNA codes. You have to have all the nucleotides line up exactly in the right sequence hundreds of times even if the nucleotides did come together spontaneously .............

    After decades of trying, in 2009 researchers finally managed to generate RNA using chemicals that probably existed on the early Earth. Matthew Powner, now at University College London, and his colleagues synthesised two of the four nucleotides that make up RNA. Their achievement suggested that RNA may have formed spontaneously

    :rotflmao

    After trying for decades to make the basic building blocks (not in nature mind you and not spontaneously but in a lab) he now has 2 blocks and is claiming victory........he has not even begun to explain how they lined up perfectly in sets of 3 to code for the enzymes needed to start creating life. Just another pipe dream, waste of research money, refusal to admit defeat.

    Right now, though, there's nothing to tell us exactly how and when life first used DNA. "It almost becomes a choose-your-own-adventure game," says Levy.

    At least they admit they are blowing smoke .............but hey, they got their grant money.

    Anybody want to call this 'verifiable evidence' ?

    Give it time. It is better than a super powerful entity that has always existed created it all out of NOTHING!

    You say DNA can't be created out of nothing, yet say God created DNA out of nothing.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    jlh49 wrote: »
    With a moderate amount of effort you might be able to determine that for yourself. Good luck!

    That's a cultish defensive posture for an evangeslists to take.

    You've been sold a bill of goods and belong to a religion that deep down, worships alien 'gods'. I'd like to talk about it, but wow do you guys get squirmy when confronted with the truth.

    God and Jesus and Holy Spirit are 'safe' words for you:

    Alien#1 and Alien#2 (and Alien#3 - the triangular relationship of the sum entity), not so much.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Mel has tried to go down this ridiculous road before & thinks he can pat himself on the back by adding "Took me long enough didn't it".

    Unfortunately for Mel his silly assumptions are in no way, shape, or form evidence of anything except his original, completely unverified, assumptions.
    The MelMan wrote: »
    You know both you and greggl need ghosts and aliens for life to begin on earth as there is no "verifiable evidence" that DNA can form spontaneously .......
    In fact to believe otherwise is believing in magic. No DNA , No life. So what was the deal Fibber, Magic or Panspermia ??

    Or you can just show me where DNA formed spontaneously resulting in a living creature able to reproduce. Lets have the evidence or we will just have to assume you believe in things that can not be proven scientifically , MAGIC I think you call it , right?............or you , like greggl , believe in aliens..............

    WHICH IS IT???

    Mel's disbelief in the first, simplest, most primitive life form does not automatically provide any evidence of ghosts & magic.

    Mel may think he "will just have to assume (he) believe(s) in things that can not be proven scientifically" but rational people understand that is not true & merely another repetition of Mel's fantasy.

    Mel likes to pretend DNA could not form spontaneously given the ~14 billion years & 200 billion galaxies & assumes he decides what "can not be proven scientifically".

    Mel assumes even more by asserting greggl & I "need ghosts and aliens for life to begin on earth". He should assume we need things that are proven scientifically.

    The truth is that Mel needs magic, ghosts & aliens b/c his entire belief system is based on those fantasies. Mel summarily rejects mountains of verified evidence & many things that are proven scientifically.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,954 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    It is better than a super powerful entity that has always existed created it all out of NOTHING!

    .

    Intelligent Energy?

    "In physics, energy is a property of objects which can be transferred to other objects or converted into different forms, but cannot be created or destroyed."
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    Give it time. It is better than a super powerful entity that has always existed created it all out of NOTHING!
    .

    Get out of your box............you refuse to think outside the box of what you perceive to be reality.

    You don't want to believe there is a super powerful entity out there that you can't comprehend so you pull your blanket up over your head and whisper to yourself.........'there is an explanation for DNA other than a creator I just know it, I just know it............there has to be.............I don't want to even conceive of a god I might have to answer to, not that , anything but that..............
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    Mel has tried



    Mel's disbelief in

    Mel may think .

    Mel likes to pretend

    Mel assumes even more

    The truth is that Mel needs magic,.

    Mel has Fibber by the short hairs and he is squealing bloody murder ..............:grin
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    That's a cultish defensive posture for an evangeslists to take.

    You've been sold a bill of goods and belong to a religion that deep down, worships alien 'gods'. I'd like to talk about it, but wow do you guys get squirmy when confronted with the truth.

    God and Jesus and Holy Spirit are 'safe' words for you:

    Alien#1 and Alien#2 (and Alien#3 - the triangular relationship of the sum entity), not so much.

    Millennials want instant gratification without effort on their part; as demonstrated by the Occupy Wall Street protestors demanding their right to higher paying jobs simply because Wall Street makes huge profits. (sound familiar?)

    There is no difference in the mindset when it comes to spiritual faith. They want somebody else to do all the work, present them with the ideas, and then they can pick & choose the one that satisfies their want at the time, or deny the very existence because of someone else's reasoning. (Also sound familiar?)

    Alien occupation of churches, excepted, of course.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    jlh49 wrote: »
    Millennials want instant gratification without effort on their part; as demonstrated by the Occupy Wall Street protestors demanding their right to higher paying jobs simply because Wall Street makes huge profits. (sound familiar?)

    There is no difference in the mindset when it comes to spiritual faith. They want somebody else to do all the work, present them with the ideas, and then they can pick & choose the one that satisfies their want at the time, or deny the very existence because of someone else's reasoning. (Also sound familiar?)

    Alien occupation of churches, excepted, of course.

    What does that gave to do with space alien communism?
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    What does that gave (?) to do with space alien communism?

    You tell me; you are the one with all the answers, and questions.

    :cool:
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    jlh49 wrote: »
    You tell me; you are the one with all the answers, and questions.

    :cool:

    I'm wondering what your personal validation is for faith that an external, non human force will carry us off to a world of eternal abundance.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,554 AG
    The MelMan wrote: »
    Get out of your box............you refuse to think outside the box of what you perceive to be reality.

    You don't want to believe there is a super powerful entity out there that you can't comprehend so you pull your blanket up over your head and whisper to yourself.........'there is an explanation for DNA other than a creator I just know it, I just know it............there has to be.............I don't want to even conceive of a god I might have to answer to, not that , anything but that..............

    I am willing to say I don't know. There may have been some supernatural force that created the earth and life on it. In all honesty, it doesn't matter. Whatever forces that happened to bring this reality forward does not need my daily worship to survive. It would not care if I bowed down to it.

    If this supreme being had any concerns it would be that we treat each other like human being, "love thy neighbor as thyself" is the phrase I think that is used. I am happy to follow that advice and let the chips fall where they will.

    I think my odds are a lot better than some. I may not recognize there is a God, but at least I don't slap him in the face by pretending to speak for him and ignore the foundations what what he tried to teach.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    I'm wondering what your personal validation is for faith that an external, non human force will carry us off to a world of eternal abundance.

    My personal conviction to spiritual faith is; "Personal." You have to find your own if you so desire. It is a choice, you know; no one is forcing anything.

    Repeating the current dogma of denial does not help your case; with the exception of other deniers.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    jlh49 wrote: »
    My personal conviction to spiritual faith is; "Personal." You have to find your own if you so desire. It is a choice, you know; no one is forcing anything.

    Repeating the current dogma of denial does not help your case; with the exception of other deniers.

    but space aliens are real? you have seen enough proof for you to believe?
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    but space aliens are real? you have seen enough proof for you to believe?


    Questions....Questions.....Questions; instead of searching for that truth yourself. Let me know what you come up with, after your effort to find your spiritual faith.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Science says we haven't been contacted.

    You haven't said we have, either.

    What is there to search for that were not already undertaking via our scientific exploration?
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    Science says we haven't been contacted.

    You haven't said we have, either.

    What is there to search for that were not already undertaking via our scientific exploration?

    Oh..., so you are one of those, "Only believe what science can prove," people. Okay then, end of discussion.
Sign In or Register to comment.