Home Politics

Is Christianity Done?

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 29,772 AG
    jlh49 wrote: »
    Exactly! Now convince others of that fact.

Did I mention an explosion?

It was in response to this. No assumptive interpretation needed. I was not sure if you thought the picture was correct or not, so I thought I would clarify, just in case. You may have also confused others.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    In the beginning there was nothing; and then.....from nothing, something happened! And that something from nothing just happened to create unbelievable other somethings that continued to mutate into something else, which now...explains everything.

That is not how it works. And there is no need for God as a demonstrable participant in any of it.
    An admirable conviction and commitment of faith; especially those who do it discretely.

Objective self awareness is also an admirable trait, you should try it. Lying to oneself probably makes the top ten, also.

I have no experience in that, so, I would not know.

Was this something you had to work through personally?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    It was in response to this. No assumptive interpretation needed.

Fair enough. My attachment was in response to gregg's.
    That is not how it works. And there is no need for God as a demonstrable participant in any of it.

Who said God was a demonstrable participant in any of it?
    I have no experience in that, so, I would not know.

Was this something you had to work through personally?

Lack of experience does not absolve one from doing it.

Only when confronting it on forums, such as this one. However, being dishonest about one's perfection can render misunderstandings about his/her virtues.

Don't you agree?
    It was in response to this. No assumptive interpretation needed. I was not sure if you thought the picture was correct or not, so I thought I would clarify, just in case. You may have also confused others.

I certainly would not want to be responsible for confusing anyone here on this forum considering the level of clarity reflected in postings.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Your "level of clarity" is Clear As Mud.
    I certainly would not want to be responsible for confusing anyone here on this forum considering the level of clarity reflected in postings.

Whether you want to or not, you're not even responsible for your own confusion. Cult brainwashing is the only thing you've "reflected in postings".

Whether you want to or not, you're not even responsible for your own confusion. Cult brainwashing is the only thing you've "reflected in postings".

He will now deny ever making such a post and ask you to prove where he did.

Becoming predictable.

Mini Mart Magnate

And as previously demonstrated in similar themed threads I am sure you are prepared to substantiate your shallowed allegations; right Fibber?

The whole world is waiting. Go ahead, make my day!
    And as previously demonstrated in similar themed threads I am sure you are prepared to substantiate your shallowed allegations; right Fibber?

The whole world is waiting. Go ahead, make my day!

:rotflmao

what did I tell you!!

Mini Mart Magnate

Simple solution, read & comprehend posts and quite making allegations that do not exist.
    Becoming predictable.

Yes, and especially if one accepts predictability without verification of the same.
    Think it exploded in his face?
    what did I tell you!!
    Exactly! Now convince others of that fact.

Did I mention an explosion?

Thanks for your analysis of what you thought my post sounded like. It is evident you have special skills; especially those associated with assumptive interpretations of other posts.

Becoming predictable.
    :rotflmao

what did I tell you!!

There is trend, and predictability.

:cool:
    Think it exploded in his face?

:Spittingcoffee
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    the whole world is waiting for any religion to substantiate their aliens.
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    No, I learned that when I was a kid a few Popes ago, who I didn't learn that from either.

I do not possess the competency nor saintly patience required to instruct you in Christianity or Catholicism, both of which you, in contrast, have no hesitation to profess to me with less.

Indeed, Father Colecchio. The reflection of your character is exemplary of the teachings of humility and efficaciousness of the Holy Roman Church.
    greggl wrote: »
    the whole world is waiting for any religion to substantiate their aliens.

I am not sure about your definitive statement about the whole world, but for non-believers it is extremely puzzling since atheists supposedly do not believe God(s) exist.

Does this mean you are waiting on something you are convinced is not going to happen?
    Does this mean you are waiting on something you are convinced is not going to happen?

I'm convinced more of you will drop the lie.
    I'm convinced more of you will drop the lie.

Then revel in the fact that you are so much smarter than others when it comes to being convinced.
    Then revel in the fact that you are so much smarter than others when it comes to being convinced.

you haven't been contacted by aliens... nor has anyone you've ever known.
    you haven't been contacted by aliens... nor has anyone you've ever known.

I sense a certain desperation in your posts recently, Gregg. Are some of your hard line belief systems developing hairline cracks?

I certainly would not want to be responsible for creating doubt in your dogma of denial.
    I certainly would not want to be responsible for creating doubt in your dogma of denial.

have you been in contact with aliens? ;)

I'm not the one in denial here.
    have you been in contact with aliens? ;)

I'm not the one in denial here.

Really? Then why the rampant questioning of posters about their communications with aliens? Is this your quest to finally communicate with someone worthy of your intellect?

Maybe you could host a Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind?
    Really? Then why the rampant questioning of posters about their communications with aliens?

you're dodging. that's what's expected when confronted with the truth.

you are not in contact with aliens, nor are they watching your every move.
    "Is Christianity Done?" If this thread is any indication -YES.
    you're dodging. that's what's expected when confronted with the truth.

you are not in contact with aliens, nor are they watching your every move.

Dodging! :grin You are the one frantically searching for anyone that has communicated with aliens. Go back & read your posts.

Acknowledge it, and the truth shall set you free.
    "Is Christianity Done?" If this thread is any indication -YES.

What makes this thread any more unique than the countless numbers before it?
    Dodging! :grin You are the one frantically searching for anyone that has communicated with aliens.

You belong to an alien worship cult and haven't ever heard the aliens who supposedly monitor you and who eventually will wisk you off to the everlasting religious communism that has been prepared.

I'd expect you'd be the one frantically searching for anyone who can corroborate that story ;)
    The fact that you have no idea of "countless numbers" is another sign "Christianity Is Done".
    What makes this thread any more unique than the countless numbers before it?

Nothing "makes this thread any more unique" & Nothing has ever been posted that provided evidence Christianity WASN'T Done.

Nobody has ever shown any evidence for even the most garden variety of ghosts or magic.
    You belong to an alien worship cult and haven't ever heard the aliens who supposedly monitor you and who eventually will wisk you off to the everlasting religious communism that has been prepared.

I'd expect you'd be the one frantically searching for anyone who can corroborate that story ;)

Your soothsaying skills are somewhat in question, unless you are like a few other select members here who can read minds, and hearts.

Just think of the impact of your "Wage Scale" increase when digitally recreating your close encounters of the fourth kind. Rent injustices & income inequality will be a thing of the past following your revelation and specific details of an alien mind melt.

The opportunities created, are endless!
    The fact that you have no idea of "countless numbers" is another sign "Christianity Is Done".

Nothing "makes this thread any more unique" & Nothing has ever been posted that provided evidence Christianity WASN'T Done.

Nobody has ever shown any evidence for even the most garden variety of ghosts or magic.

And as usual, your definitive statements of fact lack any verifiable credibility. However; I am sure that to a non-believer, including yourself, they sound very impressive.