Home Politics

Is Christianity Done?

NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
Christianity seems to be under relentless attack from every conceivable angle....from Extremists in the Middle East to the much more dangerous Left Wing Extremists within our borders?

Is this end game for Christianity?

Replies

• gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    unless the aliens actually show up, yep.
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    unless the aliens actually show up, yep.

How many years has it got remaining? In your opinion?
    it's not really going anywhere.

Christianity will morph into a new thing.
  • David BDavid B Posts: 1,907 Captain
    I have read history books that said Christians have endured a lot worse conditions in the past. They are a relentless bunch of believers. Willing to stand behind their faith and take it to the grave.
    Increasing MMGW or climate change, one twist off at a time.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Come down off your cross.

The staunchly conservative Televangelists have done far more harm to Christianity than "Extremists in the Middle East" & "Left Wing Extremists within our borders" combined.
    Google > Bible
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,313 Admiral
    Nearer and nearer draws the time, the time that shall surely be. When the Earth shall be filled with the Glory of God as the waters cover the sea.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Google > Rexella Van Impe or Jan Crouch
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    Spineyman wrote: »
    Nearer and nearer draws the time, the time that shall surely be. When the Earth shall be filled with the Glory of God as the waters cover the sea.

Let me get my snorkel ready lolol....
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    According to Wiki there have been five awakenings in US history, the last in the 80's. History has taught us that it repeats it's self and the pendulum is always moving.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
    Come down off your cross.

The staunchly conservative Televangelists have done far more harm to Christianity than "Extremists in the Middle East" & "Left Wing Extremists within our borders" combined.

On a personal level I'll agree with you on this point. But I know lonely elderly people who watch all day long and give money to the charlatans. Those guys are still rolling in $$$$.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Don't "the waters cover the sea" already?
    as the waters cover the sea

Don't Creationists already believe the Earth is "filled with the Glory of God"?

In their mythology there has never been anything else.
    Here is why you will never stomp it out...
    Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority ( not some or part or a little ) has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Televangelists who prey on gullible "lonely elderly people" with money in the bank, so they can spend each day "rolling in $$$$" - Living in the Lap of Luxury - aren't merely "charlatans". That goes w/o saying.
    cpr wrote: »
    On a personal level I'll agree with you on this point. But I know lonely elderly people who watch all day long and give money to the charlatans. Those guys are still rolling in $$$$.

Within the context of Christian mythology "Those guys" are bare faced Con-Men, Evil Incarnate, the Devil's Workmen. An alarming number of televangelists have been declared felons.
    Televangelists who prey on gullible "lonely elderly people" with money in the bank, so they can spend each day "rolling in $$$$" - Living in the Lap of Luxury - aren't merely "charlatans". That goes w/o saying.

Within the context of Christian mythology "Those guys" are bare faced Con-Men, Evil Incarnate, the Devil's Workmen. An alarming number of televangelists have been declared felons.

yep, that they are.

• shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,200 Captain
    As there is nothing better coming along to replace it, I don't think it wise to root for its demise. You don't have to believe, to enjoy the benefits of a christian based society.
    Here is why Christianity will NEVER HAVE "All authority ".

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority ( not some or part or a little ) has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

First Amendment to U.S. Constitution, United Nations Article 18 & all the Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Agnostics, Atheists, etc, etc, etc.

Christianity is having an ever more difficult time even trying to inflict "All authority " over their own members.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    "Christianity" will survive as long as there are people who seek redemption who knowingly wrong their fellow man in brutal, heinous, conniving, and cowardly ways.....and want to be...."let off the hook"...with out any thought of making amends to those that they have wronged.

....just to be able to do it over and over again.....with the idea that all they have to do is to "ask" Jebus for forgiveness and it instantaneously gets granted....no matter how many times they do it knowing that it is absolutely wrong.

There's around 300 "recognized" sects of Christianity ......and many more that people make up every day to suit their every need.

Christianity will never cease to exist as long as there are those who believe in "magic thinking"....
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Here is why Christianity will NEVER HAVE "All authority ".

First Amendment to U.S. Constitution, United Nations Article 18 & all the Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Agnostics, Atheists, etc, etc, etc.

Christianity is having an ever more difficult time even trying to inflict "All authority " over their own members.

You obviously don't have a clue what the actual word " Christianity " means. You are correct though about televangelists. They are a reproach to Christ and his followers.

• Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer

Why doesn't god contact us directly instead of sending out salespeople door to door?
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Why does Christ anger you folks so much ? I think ya'll is skeered ! Ya **** well ought to be too.

Best post ever...... Folks that are angry are also skeered.....
    Why doesn't god contact us directly instead of sending out salespeople door to door?

Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing too. God will speak directly to you if you get into His written Word. He promises to reveal Himself to whomever seeks after Him.

Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing too. God will speak directly to you if you get into His written Word. He promises to reveal Himself to whomever seeks after Him.

Quick question. Are you repeating that out loud while hugging yourself and rocking?
  • BudaBuda Posts: 2,062 Captain
    I challenge you. Sincerely pray to God in repentence and ask Him to show you the truth. Many have taken God up on His promise including me and we know that Jesus is the way the truth and the life. We know that He died for our sins according to the Holy Scriptures, and that He lives again forever more, for all who will call upon His name for forgiveness and new life in Him. There is no other name given under heaven among men whereby we shall be saved.

It is but a few who will answer God's call but that is the free choice of all men and women everywhere. Praise be to God in Christ alone.

Bud A
    I read the book.

When He returns, there is only so much room for human bodies on the Mothership. Most are gonna have their souls or brains or something, sorted into little 'mansions'.

Sounds like fun.
    Spiney "You obviously don't have a clue" PERIOD.
    You obviously don't have a clue what the actual word " Christianity " means. You are correct though about televangelists. They are a reproach to Christ and his followers.

Spiney "obviously" doesn't believe Webster has "a clue what the actual word " Christianity " means" either.
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    The world is waiting on fibber to give them the absolute of all religion.
    :Popcorn
    Spiney "You obviously don't have a clue" PERIOD.

Spiney "obviously" doesn't believe Webster has "a clue what the actual word " Christianity " means" either.

Wait a minute here cowboy, you don't believe yet you quote Webster. Priceless! You might want to read Romans 1:20 again though.