Jim311, Windsplitter, and Billy's Excellent Trip

BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,727 Captain
Jim is on vacation this week so he wanted to go out one day with Duane and I. We picked today to try to avoid the storms. Weather was nice all day but it rained soon as we got back to the ramp. Excellent timing and thanks due to Duane's shortcut that avoided the long idle zone.

Coming back through the shortcut a monster jumped right at us, almost hitting the boat, a big manatee at the same place they "attacked" Duane and I one other time. Looked like a whale coming out of the water as we spooked it...we managed to not hit it but the wake really rocked the boat. Awesome to see.

Fishing was mostly a clinic put on by Jim and Duane. Jim had many blowups on the Zara Spook and managed to catch a fair amount of fish. Duane added some too. I sucked today. I did run the troller most of the day and it was acting up most of the time...needs a new switch. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

A great day on the water with a couple excellent fisherman and lots of laughs. Almost all fish came on top water and a Redfish Magic type lure. We'll do this again. A few pictures to prove fish were caught and all fish were released to fight another day.

Bill
"And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."

Replies