Home Politics

One Christian's Perspective re Prejudice with Easter in Mind

2»

Replies

• earl40earl40 Posts: 2,337 Captain
    Schmidty wrote: »
    "Earl"....

If you are a celebrator of "Easter"...then I wish you a "Happy Easter"...."Peace"......"Good Will" ......and all the health that you might possibly have.

I am having 'Easter" festivities at the house on Sunday.....where we will have a wonderful basket of goodies for the kids and grandbabies....as well a easter egg hunt where it's an absolute riot watching them Li'l Kids running around in all their festive finery .....

I will be cooking a great big ham....pork tenderloins ......and leg of a poor baby lamb....

When we sit down I will say the words giving homage to GOD....I will mention his son Jesus, but I will only ever pray to GOD!

Maybe you should read this....

1.“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
    2.“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

I like at the end of the second commandment..."KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"...no ambiguity there....

Worship as you see fit....

You pray to a god you know not, in that one can only know God through His Son Jesus Who has a divine and a human nature. So are you finally attending a Kingdom Hall because there are a ton of your fellow thinking people there.
    Earl, a man, married to a girl called Tina.
    dstockwell wrote: »
    So why should the date of this day change every year...

We do not change the day which falls on the first day of every week. Ya, I am not a fan of Easter. :) Though I am a huge fan on the day many celebrate it.
  • David BDavid B Posts: 1,907 Captain
    earl40 wrote: »
    We do not change the day which falls on the first day of every week. Ya, I am not a fan of Easter. :) Though I am a huge fan on the day many celebrate it.

This helps to explain it.

http://christianity.about.com/od/faqhelpdesk/qt/whyeasterchange.htm
    Increasing MMGW or climate change, one twist off at a time.
    David B wrote: »

Now you see why I am not a fan of "holy" days other than Sunday.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,975 Captain
    Now you see why I am not a fan of "holy" days other than Sunday.

Who am I to argue.

The Westminster Dictionary of the Bible says that Easter was “originally the spring festival in honor of the Teutonic goddess of light and spring known in Anglo-Saxon as Eastre,” or Eostre. In any case, the Encyclopædia Britannica (11th Edition) states: “There is no indication of the observance of the Easter festival in the New Testament.” Easter was not an early Christian observance.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,806 Admiral
    You pray to a god you know not, in that one can only know God through His Son Jesus Who has a divine and a human nature. So are you finally attending a Kingdom Hall because there are a ton of your fellow thinking people there.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaah.....:rotflmao

So you have me "pegged" as a Jehovah's Witness........and your equally inept cohort "Buda" slobbered out that I must be jewish......

You two guys make statements....and even judgments based on your frustration and lack of knowledge...other than what you can glean off the internet.....slap your brand of mustard on....and attempt to serve it up people here as if it's the best thing since sliced boloney......which you two rascals are full of.....:grin