Anybody live in Sea Pines, Hudson?

I'm thinking of renting a house there on a canal. Looks like a good neighborhood. Just wanted opinions of folks who live there.
2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
Hurricane 246 FunDeck

Replies

• Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,891 Captain
    Some of Hudson is seedy but overall I like it there. Have never been to Sea Pines but have friends that live on a canal there so I visit a couple of weeks a year.
  • majorgatormajorgator Posts: 369 Deckhand
    I fish offshore out of Hudson with my buddy who owns a house on a canal in the Sea Pines community. The canal that services his neighborhood is scary narrow and dangerous for anything larger than a bay boat. Offshore fishing is just fine there, but there's little to no inshore game. Very little in the way of grass flats and very heavy on rocks. Some good redfish action in the creeks, but if you're using the boat in your sig line, the creeks are likely out of the question.

Hudson itself has very little to offer as far as other activities, and if I were planning a trip, I'd go ore north or south of there (unless offshore fishing is all you're into).
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,205 Officer
    Not a vacation, but long term living. Saw bigger boats than mine docked up in there. Maybe have to really watch tides.
    majorgator wrote: »
    I fish offshore out of Hudson with my buddy who owns a house on a canal in the Sea Pines community. The canal that services his neighborhood is scary narrow and dangerous for anything larger than a bay boat. Offshore fishing is just fine there, but there's little to no inshore game. Very little in the way of grass flats and very heavy on rocks. Some good redfish action in the creeks, but if you're using the boat in your sig line, the creeks are likely out of the question.

Hudson itself has very little to offer as far as other activities, and if I were planning a trip, I'd go ore north or south of there (unless offshore fishing is all you're into).
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • majorgatormajorgator Posts: 369 Deckhand
    Not a vacation, but long term living. Saw bigger boats than mine docked up in there. Maybe have to really watch tides.
    Yeah, understood. My buddy's boat is a 27' offshore. He comes and goes just fine through the canal and channel, but he never gets out of it until he clears the last marker. If you go down it, you'll see why...nothing but monster rocks on either side. The low low winter tides can be a little scary sometimes.
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,205 Officer
    majorgator wrote: »
    Yeah, understood. My buddy's boat is a 27' offshore. He comes and goes just fine through the canal and channel, but he never gets out of it until he clears the last marker. If you go down it, you'll see why...nothing but monster rocks on either side. The low low winter tides can be a little scary sometimes.

Cool, thanks.
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,891 Captain
    The channels are narrow and rocky. The whole area is rocky, it was blasted out. I have seen tides so skinny that getting out of them in my Gheenoe was almost impossible. You do have to watch the tides and try not to come or go on a really low tide. The house I run from is a very long idle zone in any larger boat to get to a decently deep channel. I agree that the inshore fishing seems a little weak but it could just be that I am not familiar with the area. I have caught snook and nice trout in the area creeks but you'd better bring a shallow draft boat and again - watch the tides.