Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Don't tell anybody...but

can you keep a secret?bait showing up and big,silver,jumping fish are around.In March!who'd a thunk it.And Cobia.

Replies

• BayBobBayBob Posts: 865 Officer
    67 at the FSU Marine Lab this morning, I made it to the Dog Island Reef early last week before the front moved through and the water temp was 73 and crystal clear. No trout, spanish, pompano or blues but did see 2 cobia but couldn't get them to bite any bait I had. My spearfishing friends limited out on amberjack off shore and reported the grouper were stacked up big time. I counted 6 very large shrimp boats working all night most of last week off AP hope they don't mess up the fishing for us.
  • eddiejoeeddiejoe Posts: 602 Officer
    I have a feeling, based on my own visit last week, that we are at least another week away from good fishing, at least off of Carrabelle. I'm eager and might go on Thursday, but I fully expect no grouper bite in state waters, just yet. A few pompano and Spanish, yes.
    Those k-tower grouper are safe for a few months from anglers, anyway, although they might wind up on ice at the fish house.
    EJ
  • IndianLagoonIndianLagoon Posts: 1,871 Captain
    I can't get down until May.... :cry
    Apparently tripletail are showing up, too.... :banghead
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 697 Officer
    I will have my RV by the sea set up in Lanark again this year. May, June, part of July. Hopefully I can run the Hell's Bay skiff blockade on Lanark Reef and make it out to play with my pet Redfish on the islands.

It's only 30 days away and yet it seems like forever. :shrug

• seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,041 Officer
    From last week - lots of Spanish. One big trout.

fishing.jpg
  • tk's joytk's joy Posts: 2,490 Officer
    Good pic, good lookin' kids. We should be back to MB next week, looks like the DIL and Grandkids coming down for part of the week. Hope to get out at least one afternoon.

tk
  • eddiejoeeddiejoe Posts: 602 Officer
    Apparently tripletail are showing up, too.... :banghead

Now, that, I think is wishful thinking.
    I know pompano have been caught, and Spanish. Trips would be showing about May or June, seems to me. Never seen them with water temperatures in the mid 60's. Kind of like a companion fish to the tarpon, both there when its hot.
    EJ
    eddiejoe wrote: »
    Now, that, I think is wishful thinking.
    I know pompano have been caught, and Spanish. Trips would be showing about May or June, seems to me. Never seen them with water temperatures in the mid 60's. Kind of like a companion fish to the tarpon, both there when its hot.
    EJ

Robinson Brothers has a post on FB showing one caught and claims that several were caught. I've never seen them this early, but :shrug

10988474_10153179190072748_2782123225697238075_o.jpg
  • capt roncapt ron Posts: 137 Deckhand
    Robinson Brothers has a post on FB showing one caught and claims that several were caught. I've never seen them this early, but :shrug

10988474_10153179190072748_2782123225697238075_o.jpg

Don't believe everything you see on face book. That same picture showed up on May 25, 2014. JS
    capt ron wrote: »
    Don't believe everything you see on face book. That same picture showed up on May 25, 2014. JS

Doh....
  • JKPJKP Posts: 3,172 Captain
    He probably just wore the same outfit and caught the fish in the same area.
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 5,150 Admiral
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    What's the water temp?
    different temps at different tides.with this past weeks big push of water from Lanier down,will probaly drop and screw things up.been a weak generation schedule for nearly a month and water offshore warmed some as did the bay.Or just blame it on climate change.