Mexico Beach Looking for a Fishing Partner (I got a boat)

I got a decent boat, but don't possess the knowledge that I need to be a successful Saltwater Fisherman. I do like to troll and have done some bottom fishing. I am looking for someone that can get away during the week days to go fishing and show me the ropes. I'm a fair weather fisherman, have no interested in challenging my endurance in 6' seas.

Looking for someone that is seasoned on the salt.

boat is in exceptional shape (22'), has 200 hp with less than 50 hours, kicker, safety gear, epirb, radio and rods.

Dang this sound like a personal ad. LOL

Replies

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,028 Moderator
    Do you like long walks on the beach and candle light dinners? ;-)

Enjoy the new boat and good luck figuring things out.

Regarding you other post... I'm not aware of a subscription service that shows upwellings based on actual water movement. There are a handful out there that track temperature and color which in turn indicate current ditectuon parallel to bottom. I'm sure to a trained eye this data could indicate a likely area for an upwelling. Don't think there is anything out there that tracks rising and sinking water, but I could be wrong.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • Fl-boyFl-boy Posts: 71 Deckhand
    Welcome to the area, for a start look at: http://www.mbara.org/mexico-beach-artificial-reefs.cfm
    Download the comma delimiter text file and add it to your GPS
    that is a good start for spots to troll and bottom fish
  • Reef ThiefReef Thief Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    I will fish with you and show you what I know. I work on an oil rig and I am home for 2 weeks at a time. I have money for splitting cost so no worries there. I also have a ton of blue water trolling gear, and tackle and poles for everything in between.
  • coyotebgonecoyotebgone Posts: 52 Deckhand
    Disappointing

My main fishing partner (wife), had become accustomed to my bay boat. As such I would only go off shore if it was one foot or less. Well I messed up bad. I took her out saturday morning, prior to the storms. Waves got a little rough. She didn't like it at all. Needless to say not a big fan of the offshore boat.

Any ideas how to convince her how to try it one more time? If not I am going to have to go back to a bay boat and flat days.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,028 Moderator
    My advice would be choose your days better.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • acarbacarb Posts: 2,357 Captain
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • AZappiaAZappia Posts: 90 Deckhand
    I know a lot more about inshore fishing but love the sport. I have some trolling gear and am going to be in town the 15th - 20th and will happily split some gas costs if you want to go "practice" Weather looks very iffy this week but the cobia bite could keep us close to shore. Let me know if you are available.