Home Egret Boats

First Test Flight!!

Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
Got a call from a guy from the other side of Louisiana this past weekend requesting a ride on Bad Behavior. Drove down to the beach house Monday night and met the guy and his wife Tuesday morning. Pretty sloppy conditions. I told him everything I could about the boat and gave him my honest opinions. He said he is looking at an Islamorada and the 2011. Never having ridden an Islamorada, I asked him what he thought. He said the Islamorada may have a little better ride but the Egret was impressive. I told him to get on here and get all the info he could before making his decision. Hopefully we can add him to the Egret family soon. Super nice guy and his wife is just as sweet as could be. I let him test the boat anyway he wanted. He's a guide from over on Big Lake and dang if he couldn't drive the boat better than me! He quickly learned to get on top of the rough stuff and when we got in behind the reef, I told him to let her eat. First time I've been on the Egret not driving. I ca tell you this..... wide open is a helluva lot faster when you're a passenger!! If you guys get on here,it was great meeting you Nick and Kimmie. Hope you guys had a good time and a safe trip back to Cajun country!
Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado

Replies

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,392 Officer
    Glad it worked out for him. I told him the only way is to run one in real conditions and let that speak for itself along with the layout and fit and finish.I knew you would make it happen for him!
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 606 Officer
    The Morada is nice, but a different boat than the Egret 2011. It is a bay boat competing w/ Yellowfin/Shearwater.

Formerly Lake & Bay Backwater.
    http://www.islamoradaboatworks.com/morada-24.html

You are right about the passenger feeling the speed.
    No wheel to hang onto, no control.
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    Frank A. Said he purchased a new 21 Moccasin. Sweet deal!
    Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
    2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado
  • trponhuntertrponhunter Posts: 249 Deckhand
    That 21 moccasin is one sweet ride - if I ever get a little bigger boat - that would be the one I'd go for.
    *Previous - 2000 Egret 189 carbon w/ vmax 150 - twin rotating prop
    *Previous - 2008 Egret 189 carbon w/ ETEC 150
    *Previous 2010 Beavertail Vengence w/ETEC 90
    *Current - 2015 Beavertail BTV w/ Suzuki 90