What's going on in Destin?

I might be be heading up too Destin from Vero Beach next week for spring break and just wanted to know what's going on with the fishing right now as far as the redfish on the beach go. Are they schooling up pretty good right now? Can I walk the beach and get into some or should I bring my kayak? Is there any other places I can fish besides the beach? Any info from you locals would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys and tight lines

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,931 Admiral
    I might be be heading up too Destin from Vero Beach next week for spring break and just wanted to know what's going on with the fishing right now as far as the redfish on the beach go. Are they schooling up pretty good right now? Can I walk the beach and get into some or should I bring my kayak? Is there any other places I can fish besides the beach? Any info from you locals would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys and tight lines

The reds are plentiful and the cobia are showing up in decent numbers and size too.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,168 Officer
    As Spineyman stated, from the reports I've been reading the cobia have really been showing up a lot over this past week. IMO, I'd bring the kayak to give you more options either from the beach or the bay. Better to have it & not need it......than to need it & not have it!

Livin' the Dream !